My venture into Sidemount.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, I went to Lake Pleasant for the International Clean-up day. :D

Right off the bat, I had a low pressure hose leak at the 2nd stage, on my left tank. Wait a minute - I had just replaced that o-ring. Replaced it again. I could feel the o-ring 'give' as I screwed the reg back on. Close inspection showed the O-ring cut. Turns out I had given away all my LP hose o-rings, and was using the wrong size. :facepalm:

So, methinks, let's try this single tank sidemount thing. . . .

Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?!?!?! OMG, I must've looked like a fish in it's death throes! I had to work my tail off to maintain some semblance of form, continuously re-parking gas and must've been the oddest fin-kicks in the world. Good thing I was at 15' or higher, or I would have sucked that steel 100 dry. I flailed around for about 7 minutes before I came in, grabbed my other tank, and hooked it up for ballast.

I just don't know how you guys do it. :shakehead:

We do it with aluminum cylinders, not steel! :D

We do it with aluminum cylinders, not steel! :D

:bonk:

NOW you tell me! :dramaqueen:

I think we've mentioned it before and you just weren't paying attention! :wink:

I think we've mentioned it before and you just weren't paying attention! :wink:

You're probably right; I just enjoyed looking at the video / pictures. :snicker:

Anyway, if I have to do it, I know I can.

Hmmmmm, so if we told you you have to do it with a steel, we would get a series of videos over the next several months of your attempts at it??

Okay! You have to do it! :cool2:

Reactions: Jax
Hmmmmm, so if we told you you have to do it with a steel, we would get a series of videos over the next several months of your attempts at it??

Okay! You have to do it! :cool2:

:rofl3: You would be entertained!!!

Somebody's looking for some "this is how NOT to do it" training videos. :laughing:

Full steel on one side sounds like a tough leverage problem to overcome.

Somebody's looking for some "this is how NOT to do it" training videos. :laughing:

Full steel on one side sounds like a tough leverage problem to overcome.

Not at all! :scorned:

The tank managed me quite well!

:giggle:

:rofl3: that was a good one, Jax.

How about bungee down the opposite side of your wing so all the lift is between you and the tank?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom