My venture into Sidemount.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob, The rope I use is a 15', with dog clips on each end. That keeps me out of any range of ladders and such.

I am afraid I would have to thumb a dive that was so bad I would have to enter with the pair . . . it's exactly the unbalanced conditions that would do me in worst.

Just currious Olphart,what size are you tanks in the video?
They look to be well trimmed.
I have a pair of OMS (Fabre) LP 98's that I plan to split for sidemount.

Mike D

Think restricted opening - one of the best known demos is [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDp58Wrz4Uk]Wreck Diving in Sidemount configuration - YouTube[/URL].

However, I think Steve is cheating. :blinking: He's like 6' something and diving aluminums . . . makes it all look super easy!

LOL. With all due respect, Jax:

Steve Bogaerts dives the Razor 2 System with Steel tanks - YouTube

The tanks in this video are steel. And, no, I have not made it to the end of this thread...so if anyone else has already posted this or something similar, I apologize in advance.

Anyway, the man is just that good. Make sure you watch the entire video to see what I'm talking about.

Take care,

Cyp

Steve is a good diver. No one is disputing that. But the cylinders he's diving in that video are either 72s or Faber 85s. Both are very similar in buoyancy characteristics to AL80s. Let's see him do that with 108s in a Razor. :cool2:

LOL. With all due respect, Jax:

Steve Bogaerts dives the Razor 2 System with Steel tanks - YouTube

The tanks in this video are steel. And, no, I have not made it to the end of this thread...so if anyone else has already posted this or something similar, I apologize in advance.

Anyway, the man is just that good. Make sure you watch the entire video to see what I'm talking about.

Take care,

Cyp

Oh, dear; Cyp, I was joking! Oh course Steve is an excellent diver!

I'm short, lightweight, not skilled, and envious. :giggle:

Oh, dear; Cyp, I was joking! Oh course Steve is an excellent diver!

I'm short, lightweight, not skilled, and envious. :giggle:

Jax, I know you were joking. I saw the batting eyes smilie (or whatever its called) after your comment about him cheating. I just wanted you to know that I was posting in good fun as well, hence my "with all due respect." :wink:

Steve is a good diver. No one is disputing that. But the cylinders he's diving in that video are either 72s or Faber 85s. Both are very similar in buoyancy characteristics to AL80s. Let's see him do that with 108s in a Razor. :cool2:

LOL. Rob, I thought about that as well. I just wanted to mess with Jax about the aluminum tank comment. All in good fun, of course.

Got me!!!

:lol:

Tapatalk by Droid

Got me!!!

:lol:

Tapatalk by Droid

Thanks for being a good sport, Jax. Sometimes my dry sense of humor doesn't come across so well on a message forum! :wink:

Just currious Olphart,what size are you tanks in the video?
They look to be well trimmed.
I have a pair of OMS (Fabre) LP 98's that I plan to split for sidemount.

Mike D

Those are HP 80's. In my Bare Nexgen, the only weight I need is 4# at the shoulders for trim. I'm very happy with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom