My Turn To Brag a Bit.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whatevva

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I know all about PADI...blah blah blah...but I Just recieved the Master Scuba Diver Certificate and I'm going to take a day or so and be proud of it :D

What's next? I always thought it would be Divemaster and it may be in my future only because DAN requires it to become an instructor, for them, unless I can get a waiver. DAN DES is right around the corner, and then, if I can get the waiver, CPR/First Aid Instructor is next in line.

congratulations, a lot of people disagree with me on this board, but I think the Master Scuba Diver Certification is a great accomplishment.

I would say next step would be to go dive and have fun. Just make sure you keep practicing your skills. Dive master and instructor certs sound fun but just remember what happens when you make a hobby into a job(it just becomes another job). I know there are many people that can seperate the two but it is something to think about. Do you really want to say "I HAVE to go diving today"?

Do you really want to say "I HAVE to go diving today"?

You say that like it's a bad thing! :)

Congratulations!

As for next steps, please be aware that there are more possibilities than just going the DM route. In addition to doing more diving, poke around some of the advanced and technical diving sections of ScubaBoard. Just read some threads for a while and see if anything you read catches your interest.

congratulations!!!!!!
enjoy the moment!!!!
i think master diver is a great con ed accomplishment!!!
but beware,you'll want more....
i like what john said-check out some tec stuff!!!
if i was a younger man,i'd be alllll over it!!!!!
have fun
yaeg

Well done!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom