My Sierra arrived!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hepcat62

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Today, after many hours of waiting for the FedEx guy, my Sierra arrived. I got the battery charged, and immediately drove top-speed to the Wallin's pool for some test time....

Holy hell - this thing is crazy fun! It was definitely the right choice for me. Dealing with it on land in full gear is very doable, and the weight/size are just right for the way I want to dive. I still need to make some more trim adjustments over a few dives and get the tow rope set just right, but this thing is ridiculously fun.

So - who's up for a simple'ish test dive at Breakwater this weekend? I'm thinking about taking it out to the Metridiums, or potentially the barge (although that's a bit further out than I might want to risk on a first ocean dive)...

Congrats... I remember when I got mine a while back it was hard to hold back... :)

I would take you out but I'll be on the Peace... Driving down Thursday. A quick dip Thursday on my way down might be do-able though :wink:

My gosh, you Cali peeps must have some damned good jobs or live way below your means to afford these toys. I'm trying to figure out a way to finance a trip to Mx at the end of this year, I'm looking at selling stuff :(

Congrats on the toy, hope it provides you lots of exploration opportunities you'd never had without it. Or at least a chance to be even lazier on your dives (my excuse for one)

Peace,
Greg

My gosh, you Cali peeps must have some damned good jobs or live way below your means to afford these toys. I'm trying to figure out a way to finance a trip to Mx at the end of this year, I'm looking at selling stuff :(

Congrats on the toy, hope it provides you lots of exploration opportunities you'd never had without it. Or at least a chance to be even lazier on your dives (my excuse for one)

Peace,
Greg

They're giving them away at the State Underwater Resources Board for scientific surveys :)

What Hawaii doesn't have a scooter give-away program? :D

Brian,

Congrats on your new toy... I'll be in Channel islands on the live aboard, while you spin around in your scooter... Can't wait to share and swap stories after this weekend... :)

They're giving them away at the State Underwater Resources Board for scientific surveys :)

What Hawaii doesn't have a scooter give-away program? :D

Oh, how my bank account and I wish this was true. :D

After I did my first scooter dive I got home so early that he conversation with the CFO went like this:

Wife: "Why did you finish so soon?"
me: "Oh my friend Chris borrowed a scooter for me to use so we zoomed out and back in and saved a lot of time..."
Wife: "Oh so why don't you get one"
Me: *GRIN*

I saved up for mine ebaying what excess gear I had... flipping some good deals I found and brown bagging lunch when I could... Boat dives were very slim also.

Figure Boat trip + Tip = 100
100 X 52 = X-Scooter!

(Okey I don't dive every weekend of the year but this is what I used for justification and it worked so :p )

After I did my first scooter dive I got home so early that he conversation with the CFO went like this:

me: "Oh my friend Chris borrowed a scooter for me to use so we zoomed out and back in and saved a lot of time..."

I saved up for mine ebaying what excess gear I had... flipping some good deals I found and brown bagging lunch when I could... Boat dives were very slim also.

100 X 52 = X-Scooter!

(Okey I don't dive every weekend of the year but this is what I used for justification and it worked so :p )

100 X 52 = X-Scooter!

Back
Top Bottom