My Rix SA-6 Diesel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

if you're worried about smell/taste then get food grade PVC or silicone tubing. Diameter will depend on how far you're going and how many rigid bends are in there, as well as a stick or not, but it's not exactly cheap.

I think I got a really nice one with zero odor from nuvair. The food grade stuff still smelled bad.

I think I got a really nice one with zero odor from nuvair. The food grade stuff still smelled bad.

The one's from Nuvair do not list a hose size...and there's like 10 to choose from, none of which are "made" for Rix. Do you remember which you got?

ARH015050 This is 1 1/2" hose and I purchased 7' at 6.52 per foot
PDTC-150 This is an adaptor to get it down to clamp on to a pc of the clear tubing that came on my Rix

It's a part I got from nuvair. It is pvc. Call and ask Craig. He can hook you up.

You buy the worlds best engineered gas compressor, then butcher the thing with junk gauges and junk hose from Amazon. Beggers the question why.

If you require a vinyl hose try 3/4" ID x 1" OD and no longer than 15 foot maximum length
You also want a non-toxic BPA Bisphenol free hose in addition to food grade (or it smells) and you want a hose if you go down the PVC route that is also free of Phthalates. (a chemical plasticiser) used to soften the PVC used in making the hose soft.

I was recently banned last week from a UK diving forum for making what was described as a racist remark I will attempt not to repeat the same mistake here and advise you consider a manufacturing source that is not east of far.

@iain/hsm I'm not trying to butcher anything, I'm "trying" to balance economics with longevity. I don't know what's a "good" gauge or a good intake hose, but I also know that not all less expensive things are junk, just like not all high priced items are the best.

I come here to get guidance and suggestions. I appreciate what everyone has posted. If it makes you feel better I still have yet to start the thing as I'm still trying to learn about it, be a dad, and go to my real job. There's lots to do before I get this going and I have yet to order any parts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom