My Rix SA-6 Diesel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That would be awesome...any chance you could release your manual withal the top secret parts redacted to go with it? Might be asking too much!
I just bought a stock RIX and would love to know how to field strip it. I am a complete newby, as well, and would like to better understand what are the suggested mods (if any). I have spent hours reading and re-reading these posts and I am not exactly sure what I need to do to my RIX if all I am going to do is fill Alum80s a couple times a week.

I just bought a stock RIX and would love to know how to field strip it. I am a complete newby, as well, and would like to better understand what are the suggested mods (if any). I have spent hours reading and re-reading these posts and I am not exactly sure what I need to do to my RIX if all I am going to do is fill Alum80s a couple times a week.
Well, for starters it'll need an additional filter to dry the air if it didn't come with one. Other than that, I haven't done anything to my Rix besides service it every 10 hrs or so with the correct grease. I am by no means an expert, I just got lucky with a good unit so far.

@iainis supposed to put together a video stripping it all down, really hoping that happens soon.

Is yours diesel, gas, electric? With the first 2 you'll need some type of remote air intake.

Does anyone know how to find out the manf. date of a Rix?

I seem to remember that Iain listed the dates of manufacture some years ago but I am unable to find the post.

I seem to remember that Iain listed the dates of manufacture some years ago but I am unable to find the post.
Yeah, I can't seem to find anything. I was just curious.

I sure do wish @iain/hsm would make that teardown video that he hinted at:).... that I've been holding my breath for (gasp!). I'm sure we would all pitch in to by a few rounds

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom