My personal experiences with the Hollis SMS 100 vs Dive Rite Nomad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, I'm too curious to NOT ask.....WHAT is the deal with that "traditional" sidemount rig?

I skimmed through this thread, did anyone post a link or pics of the CA mods. also if I am also going to use the Hollis SMS 100 and use it for single tank BM from time to time will these mods mess with that configuration.

Tiger, I don't know if this thread contains pictures of the CA mods....but there are pics on SB and CDF. However, even after having had Edd explain every mod to me in detail and see several first hand....I was unable to replicate the mods properly. I recommend calling them up about purchasing a modded one, or sending them yours for it to be modded. It's WELL worth it.

It does "mess" with that configuration a little bit, as the old school bungee contains webbing that goes through the upper camband slot.....but it doesn't prevent you from doing so. Threading the camband is slightly more difficult with the webbing in the way, but not significantly so. Short answer: no, it doesn't....you'll be fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom