my novae Cree MC-E flooded

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jashaw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
During my advanced nitrox classes this weekend at Gilboa, my Cree MC-E light flooded. What can be done with it? I bought it around august, so it's past the 60 day warranty. Any input is welcome.
Thanks,
Jason.

How many times did you dive with the light? Have you contacted Novae?

Best thing to do is figure out how it flooded, clean it up and fix the problem. If the issue is the front bezel leaking under depth, then cut the spring a bit (there are many posts on this). Next is to replace the o-rings with better quality ones. Do you have any pictures?

It was the bezel leaking. I took it apart during a surface interval and found out it killed a set of batteries too. So i let it dry and put my extra set in. The bezel loosened again, letting water in, but tightened the bezel at depth before any more happened.

I've used the light on a few dives, not quite sure on the number though...
It sounds like the remedy will be cutting the spring a little bit.

i have contacted Novae, but no response yet at it was just yesterday when i contacted them.

Yea, mine was loose too. So everytime I descend, I always make sure that the bezel is nice and tight. I haven't snipped at the spring yet.. and I'm hoping that I don't need to.

Have you tried the 1200 lumen version from Novae? Adrian said he'll be adding some new 900lm to his website fairly soon.

i have not. it But the stats look good on it!

I received an email saying to send it back for a replacement yesterday. It got caught in my spam filter.

Back
Top Bottom