My new toy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:D (note signature line). Heading to the Thousand Islands region this weekend to play with it....

Yes indeed, there it is, the new, all new, all new manufactured VDH Wesley Chapel Florida (USA) Argonaut Kraken twin hose regulator,

Twin Hose Regulator? What the hell is a T W I N hose regulator? I thought they were called Double Hose regulators. :)

Yes, I'm just jealous too.

Last edited:
Twin hose is old time nomenclature for double hose, duh. :wink:

N

loving it!

First dive with a DH. The Islander in the St. Lawrence River. :scubadive:

Attachments

• GOPR1059.jpg
    GOPR1059.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 72
  • GOPR1063.jpg
    GOPR1063.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 68
Very cool! Does it only come with a red hose? No black hose?

If and when they come available on the VDH Store website, that would answer the hose color question. The red might have been something only available in the initial run, and it was my preference. There were other colors available at the time, and black is a standard in the store.

I believe you could also get black hoses. I don't know why you would want to but you could.:D (Red is just too cool)
Very cool! Does it only come with a red hose? No black hose?

I am GUESSING but as popular as the red ones are, I would bet they will be an option, at least for a while. In any case you can always use black or my favorite yellow hoses with a black mouthpiece. If they only come in black from VDH, I would bet someone will trade you for yellow (or green or gray) hoses if you prefer. That said, since black and yellow are stock colors, odds are Bryan would accomidate you either way once the rush dies down some.

it is remarkable how much closer I can get to marine life with a double hose than with a single hose. The contrast is very apparent. I kept thinking, why do the fish run from me, what is different, then I had to remind myself, I am on a single hose and the bubbles are scaring them, not to mention how much noisier a single hose is with all of the bubbles exploding by my ears.

Why is that? The vintagedoublehose site doesn't mention that feature. I assume the bubbles exhaust from the first like on an old school double, but I can't understand why moving the exhaust a few inches changes fish behavior. I do see how it might change your perception of the bubbles.

Inquiring minds, and whatnot.

It does look cool!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom