My New Semi-Wet Dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove with Sbrooks and the issue was when the legs were shortened and the boots were added there is a gap in the seal under the tape at the ankle thats causing the leak. Realy kind of surprised the suit wasnt tested before being shipped prob would have been easily detected.

just Curious are suits not tested before being shipped ? would probably save a lot of time and grief on both ends as well as additional shipping costs etc .

Bare said the suits are all leak tested before they leave. Then added that everything but the ankle seals are tested because demand it too high; and to test the ankle seals would mean that supply can't meet demand.

I dont understand what supply and demand have to do with testing the ankle seals.

Testing the ankle seals adds a big bottleneck to their production line due to the time it takes, and hence, they would not be able to ship product as fast. OTOH, what will it cost them in warranty work? I know I would be willing to wait a little longer to avoid having to send it back.
NOTE: I think this is obvious, but.. They test everything except the ankle seal - and guess where my leak is? You know what that tells me?

Cheekymonkey:
Yea i'm with amascuba, I stay fully dry almost every dive. I'm in a DUI CF200X, nice and dry.

But on the other hand, the fact that you didnt notice you were wet until the end of the dive proves the usefullness of your drysuit. The point of a drysuit is to be warm, having nice dry clothes underneath is a nice plus.

A drysuit is supposed to keep you dry..Its whatever you wear under it that keeps you warm....

Yea I understand that but the thermals are useless without the drysuit. Wasnt saying the drysuit is whats keeping you warm.

I have a BARE CD4 ProDry myself and Ive been slightly wet in it once and that was because i let the neck seal "fart" so it was my own fault..
Ive also been diving with a DUI CF200x and it wasnt even CLOSE to keeping me dry. Infact people just called it the semi-dry suit :p

When it comes to polyester underwear.. If you think polyester is good, try wool!

I waited for 2 months for my BARE CD4 ProDry and I guess if they where testing the ankle seals id be waiting 3 or 4 months instead..
It was well worth the wait when it finally arrived tho..

Too bad the OP got a faulty product and I hope they resolve the issue quickly, since the blame is on the manufacturer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom