My new Gauge Pod

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tamas

Contributor
Reaction score
After almost loosing my Atom dive computer on a deep dive, due to an improperly fastened strap, I decided to make a gauge pod to house both my computer and dive watch. This way I can just glance down on my right or left arm (which ever way configured) and see both of my instruments at a glance. With the neoprene backing, Velcro and 1" straps it is a secure and very simple to use (don/un-don) little gizmo.
No more lost gauges for this white boy!

The core of the unit is a 4" diameter white PVC pipe, cut down to a small rectangle with slots cut in it for the straps. Over that came a neoprene sleeve for protection and also for comfort - on both bare skin or over thicker suits.

So what do you think? More HERE

IMG_0528.jpg
IMG_0534.jpg
IMG_0517.jpg

Tamas:
Yeah kinda, I guess I can no longer patent it.

image1.jpg

But mine is nicer, fits my application just right....and the main thing is that I made it!!!

how'd you go about that?

Very nice!!!
K

Lil Chure means- How did you make it?
I am curious about the sewing. Is there a trick to sewing the neoprene. The hems look like they were done by a pro. Looks nice and something I would need for warm water diving. Not sure how to sew it up. Might have to contract out to a sweatshop staffed by children.

james croft:
Lil Chure means- How did you make it?
I am curious about the sewing. Is there a trick to sewing the neoprene. The hems look like they were done by a pro. Looks nice and something I would need for warm water diving. Not sure how to sew it up. Might have to contract out to a sweatshop staffed by children.

Sure, I'll try to explain.

As you can see in the PICS the whole thing is based around the 2 gauges and the 4" PVC water pipe. I cut the pipe to size (large enough for the gauges and for the size of my arm). Fed the straps through the watch bands and the pipe.
The neoprene sleeve was added afterwards to cover up the pipe and to add comfort to the whole rig. Sewing the material is no different then any other fabric. Just make sure you use slow stitching as not to stretch the fabric too much.

There a few things I would change on it now, but until this neoprene holds up, I will keep it....then in time there will be a V.2.0

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom