My New Drysuit is a Trash Bag and Pantyhose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not sold on the toughness of the Tech skin yet.... I think it could be made better. The pockets are important to me so i want to make sure they don't cause the outer skin to fail.

Personally I'm not an aggressive "early adapter" (except for the X-Scooter) and would like to wait a year or so to see what changes are made...

Does it have suspenders?

Yeah but...... in post# 6, 260 dives............

I have a nice Diving Concepts custom 2 mil compressed neo suit that I literally haven't had in the water since I got my Fusion. I can't make myself dive it. It's too heavy, too hard to get in and out of, too hard to pack, and dries too slowly.

I didn't get the tech skin. I'm using the Lycra, which to date has been amazingly durable, with X-shorts, which have lovely big, capacious pockets. They also stabilize the suit so it doesn't have any tendency to sag when it's wet and on land. I'm really extremely happy with the setup. My only regret is that I can't close the zipper by myself, but my zipper is EXTREMELY sticky at that end. Other people manage to get theirs done by themselves.

I can't say how tough the tech skin will be in a wreck but I can tell I have had more than a few brushes with Zebra muscles and not so much as a mark yet. This is my first suit so no way to compare it to any other but I find the more I use it the easier it is to get on and off. Venting is very easy also. At first I didn't like the location of the dump valve but I have grown to really like it. All it takes a little roll and I can dump just about exactly the amount of air I want to.

I will be real interested in hearing the results after all that wreck diving.

Regards

I have a nice Diving Concepts custom 2 mil compressed neo suit that I literally haven't had in the water since I got my Fusion. I can't make myself dive it. It's too heavy, too hard to get in and out of, too hard to pack, and dries too slowly.

I didn't get the tech skin. I'm using the Lycra, which to date has been amazingly durable, with X-shorts, which have lovely big, capacious pockets. They also stabilize the suit so it doesn't have any tendency to sag when it's wet and on land. I'm really extremely happy with the setup. My only regret is that I can't close the zipper by myself, but my zipper is EXTREMELY sticky at that end. Other people manage to get theirs done by themselves.
Hi Ts&M its me, wendy scubamountain girl. I just got my fusion for my bday present. What are x-shorts? I am just on my second dive with the suit and there is a learning curve for my air and buoyancy adjusting my weights etc. but i will get it. gonna do two days this week in Pa. and hopefully work out a lot of my kinks. w

I just did a "demo" dive of the fusion tech today. I'd say it was more like a trash bag with BIKE SHORTS/PANTS, rather than pantyhose. Seeing as how I have a lot of experience wearing both (not at the same time), I'd stick to the bike shorts analogy ...

LOVE the suit. I took my husband, now he knows what I want for Christmas!!!

... My only regret is that I can't close the zipper by myself, but my zipper is EXTREMELY sticky at that end. Other people manage to get theirs done by themselves.

There is a trick to that. You just grab the zipper with one hand, high up on your shoulder, and pull it down and in front of you, until you can reach with your other hand. Once you've seen some one do it, it's actually not too tough.

There is a trick to that. You just grab the zipper with one hand, high up on your shoulder, and pull it down and in front of you, until you can reach with your other hand. Once you've seen some one do it, it's actually not too tough.
Yeah, I'm sure this is how she is doing it. It's how I do it, and I can manage it myself most of the time, but that last inch is sometimes a pain. Especially the outer zipper - lifting it up and over the under zipper.

Oh, and Merry Christmas! :D

My wife, the Power Ranger.
She love her Fusion as well.
powerranger.JPG

Back
Top Bottom