My longest dives to date, and why

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepBound:
When I do this profile in v-planner it gives me a long 10-ft stop.
In VP, you can set the last stop at 20' if you want, for those who might have sea conditions as such that they may prefer to stay deeper, or buoyancy issues, or whatever.

Rick Inman:
In VP, you can set the last stop at 20' if you want, for those who might have sea conditions as such that they may prefer to stay deeper, or buoyancy issues, or whatever.

Oh I see... I tried that just now and V-Planner moved the entire stop from 10ft to 20ft without increasing it at all.

Hopefully you'd still try to come up from 20ft as slow as possible, spending a few minutes between 20 and the surface if at all possible? To the OP, do you have the actual recorded dive profile from your computer in graph form that you can show us?

DeepBound:
Oh I see... I tried that just now and V-Planner moved the entire stop from 10ft to 20ft without increasing it at all.

Hopefully you'd still try to come up from 20ft as slow as possible, spending a few minutes between 20 and the surface if at all possible? To the OP, do you have the actual recorded dive profile from your computer in graph form that you can show us?

We do 20 foot stops instead of 10 foot because of sea conditions. And no, I don't have the graph. Needless to say I come up very slowly from 20 to the surface. Not much time was spent on the surface as it was a bit bumpy out. I've done this profile a few times with no problems. As Rick stated, it is theory.

good man deepbound .
the stop at 3-6m missing .

in ireland we use metric depth scale . 3-6 meters is the same as a 10ft stop .

the slow compartments would hav been well looked after deco wise with the stops that where done . but the fast compartments didnt get looked after by the stops that where done on the dive the deco theory is only a theory and people still bent inside the tables .

look after yourself . personle well being adds to the dive

If you are decoing on pure O2 there is no need for a 10 foot stop. Total deco time will be the same doing either a 20 foot stop or a 20 foot and 10 foot.

The original poster was using 80% . Doing a 10 foot stop would only reduce the total deco by a minute or 2.

There is no need to do a 10 foot stop on 100% O2 or something close to 100% (other than to reduce CNS loading)

Of course,the ascent from 20 feet to the surface should be a slow one.

i was always though and practiced shallow stops . and hav done from day 1 of diving and deco divin .

Iv never had a problem with this and when i done case studies for my agency the more i read the more i realised how important they are even in non deco diving .

Back
Top Bottom