My LDS - FANTASTIC!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I feel the same way about my LDS here in New Jersey. Wayne and Jason Fisch at the The Scuba Connection and Diveseekers are awesome people/shop. They care about the people they do business with and love to dive.

Finding them made a world of difference in my diving. So if you live in the tri-state area, you should check them out for both excellent training and equipment.

Reactions: D_B
I read somewhere that people are 80-90% more likely to complain about something than give praise, which would explain why you see so much more negativity. People want to vent.

Good service is expected by most people. If I go into a shop, make a purchase without issue, and leave then that's all fine and good. At that point, I move on. I am not generally someone to post a thread on the internet about my new bolt snaps or a new light -- not that there's anything wrong with doing so, just not my style. Similarly, I don't post a check-in and status update on facebook every time I go to get a coffee or whatever like so many of my "friends."

:coffee:

Yes, but if you received service that was above good, above even anything expected, then that might be worth telling folks about .. I'm sure I would say something to my friends about it ..... we're all friends here, right? :-D

I read somewhere that people are 80-90% more likely to complain about something than give praise, which would explain why you see so much more negativity. People want to vent.

Good service is expected by most people. If I go into a shop, make a purchase without issue, and leave then that's all fine and good. At that point, I move on. I am not generally someone to post a thread on the internet about my new bolt snaps or a new light -- not that there's anything wrong with doing so, just not my style. Similarly, I don't post a check-in and status update on facebook every time I go to get a coffee or whatever like so many of my "friends."

:coffee:

One of my points was that I'd automatically assumed that (a) price was everything, and that (b) online would be cheaper.

Neither is true in this case.

---------- Post added May 15th, 2012 at 06:09 PM ----------

Is this them? All Wet Scuba - Your guide to the best Scuba diving in Arizona

I always have to grin whenever I hear of a dive shop in Arizona: the all beach/no ocean state. :D They have their work cut out for them in promoting a sport that has limited application in their own state! Great job All Wet Scuba!

I know...When I first got here I thought how could there be any diving.

We have a nice lake about an hour north, but that's about it.

Fortunately, the divers here seem to be very dedicated (probably by necessity), and so the shop here organises a lot of trips to the Catalinas (going there next week in fact), wreck diving in North Carolina, Cozumel and the Orient (which I can't justify price-wise to the missus!).

I feel the same way about my LDS here in New Jersey. Wayne and Jason Fisch at the The Scuba Connection and Diveseekers are awesome people/shop. They care about the people they do business with and love to dive.

Finding them made a world of difference in my diving. So if you live in the tri-state area, you should check them out for both excellent training and equipment.
The Fisch bros are good peeps. I like 'em.

Nice to hear good things about an LDS for a change. I've been very lucky to have established some good relationships with local dive shops where I live ... there are a couple of exceptional ones that I refer people to constantly.

The warm smile and cold beer is definitely a winning combination ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Agreed, much better than a Cold smile and Warm beer!

My wife and I go thru Adventure Sports Scuba in Gresham. We have bought a full set of gear for ourselves and will be going thru OW cert next month. The guys (Ron - owner & Devon - shop manager) are a couple of good guys and always greet us with a smile. Devon likes to give me a hard time but that is because I told him to feel free to give me crap. :rofl3: When we bought our gear they gave us a better deal than we could get online from what I could find so I am happy to buy from them.

Eugene Skin Divers Supply - Eugene, Oregon - Full service, excellent/mature/full time instructors, established 2nd generation, professional and friendly. And ... check out their prices before you go online!!!!

South Beach Scuba - South Beach (Newport), Oregon - Friendly, great rental gear, love to dive with you, always trying to organize stuff to do, and local "air"!!!!!!!!

... dive shops like those in landlocked areas have to be extra creative and think of ways to serve customers. Dive travel becomes a big part ....

As we like to say, fantastic dive destinations are only an hour's drive away...the airport.

Being "landlocked" - Calgary, AB - does not have to be a hinderance. Five dive shops, three with their own pool and a very healthy, active dive community.

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom