My journey into tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lol - it’s funny how the vehicles keep growing/getting bigger,

I was also sick of getting stuck in 8-9” snowfalls with the Focus. Now I’ll also be able to easily gear up out of the Escape. Tried once to get my tanks on from the Focus. What a cluster!

I went from a Mini-cooper Clubman to an Escape to a RAM 1500. One thing nice about NFL (edit: NFL is N Florida) is that every other vehicle is a truck so the parking spaces are generally bigger.

I can’t STAND driving my RAM in Atlanta. Good thing I moved, I guess!

Congrats on your new vehicle and glad to hear it is going to help out with your weather challenges as well.

I’ve even just gotten a bigger vehicle to handle my gear (and snow!) better than the Focus I had - got an awesome deal on a 2018 Ford Escape. It’s been named the Scuba Sherpa. :rofl3:

It's a good "starter size" for a tech diver, but you're gonna need a bigger boat....er, vehicle, later on (grin). When you leave tech gear alone in the dark....

A friend/dive buddy has been challenging me to stretch myself. If ITT in August goes well, I may very well do AN/DP this year. Locally, it’s been done in Sept/Oct over two weekends. One at the local quarry and then another a couple weeks later at Wazee Lake in WI (about 4 hours away).

We’ll see how this year goes.

A friend/dive buddy has been challenging me to stretch myself. If ITT in August goes well, I may very well do AN/DP this year. Locally, it’s been done in Sept/Oct over two weekends. One at the local quarry and then another a couple weeks later at Wazee Lake in WI (about 4 hours away).

We’ll see how this year goes.

So the burning question is this: Has anyone mentioned Fundies yet?

(Grin, duck, and *run*! BTW, I never took it, either.)

So the burning question is this: Has anyone mentioned Fundies yet?

(Grin, duck, and *run*! BTW, I never took it, either.)

Eviiiiilll, you are eviiiiill! :poke::letsparty::facepalm:

ITT bookwork is done. It’s a cold and snowy day here in the Great Lakes so I’m tucked up in bed with a big mug of tea and beginning to work on AN manual calculations. I hate math, so I’m getting a huge head start on this.

ITT bookwork is done. It’s a cold and snowy day here in the Great Lakes so I’m tucked up in bed with a big mug of tea and beginning to work on AN manual calculations. I hate math, so I’m getting a huge head start on this.

It's a real shame your part of the world works in imperial units. You would find life so much easier working in metric units. (meters for depth and bar for pressure).

Fun with MultiDeco. It’s almost like a video game! 1st - 130ft dive for 30 min on 28% nitrox with 50% deco gas. 2nd - same but with 100% deco gas.

I actually have a local wreck - the Milwaukee Car Ferry - that is 130ft to the sand.

It’s interesting running the numbers for specific wrecks.
EF852194-82AA-4596-931D-4E49367DD7D1.png
F4976944-0E2A-4E38-A255-CCA8BE1EAE23.png

Maybe a stupid question but i suck at imperial units. 20 feet is the 6m stop? Why don’t you switch to 100% at that point, it gives a ppo2 of 1.6?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom