My journey into tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Redid the dive on MultiDeco after resetting last stop to 20ft.
DB5589E3-7297-4D56-8F2D-58254C2E29F6.png

Redid the dive on MultiDeco after resetting last stop to 20ft.
View attachment 500298
I think the suggestion was to set the max 100% O2 depth to 6m so you get onto that Esther than spending 6 or 7 minutes at 6m on 28% before getting on the 100% at 3. That is why the profile using 100% is not a lot faster than the one using 50%.

I think the suggestion was to set the max 100% O2 depth to 6m so you get onto that Esther than spending 6 or 7 minutes at 6m on 28% before getting on the 100% at 3. That is why the profile using 100% is not a lot faster than the one using 50%.

Here ya go.
D610B776-3CA5-404E-863D-8960A772D3F1.png

Ah the efficiency of 100% is a wonderful thing.

That is why the profile using 100% is not a lot faster than the one using 50%.

I agree with you re the efficiency of 100% at 6m/20' but I have found very little difference in my dives (<50m, <30 min deco) with using 50/100 and just 50. In most cases it's a minute or 3 difference, vs the added risk of carrying a second, very rich deco gas.

Obviously as exposures get longer then 100 comes into it's own and then you want to get on it as soon as safe, but for the dives Marie is running I doubt there would be much difference at all if she got on the O2 10 feet deeper.

Some things are about compromise and the bigger picture. 100% is a better deco gas. 50% gets you off BG and on deco sooner. If you can only take 1 gas then you really gotta weigh time/ depth, reserves, overall efficiency factors, not just what saves you a few minutes.

Locally, The Wisconsin is 130'/40m to the sand. The deck, where most people finish their dive even after fully penetrating below, is around 100'/30m. I find 100% a better deco gas. The Hume is 145'/44m to the sand and about 130'/40m to the deck. 50% becomes a better option.

Some things are about compromise and the bigger picture. 100% is a better deco gas. 50% gets you off BG and on deco sooner. If you can only take 1 gas then you really gotta weigh time/ depth, reserves, overall efficiency factors, not just what saves you a few minutes.

Locally, The Wisconsin is 130'/40m to the sand. The deck, where most people finish their dive even after fully penetrating below, is around 100'/30m. I find 100% a better deco gas. The Hume is 145'/44m to the sand and about 130'/40m to the deck. 50% becomes a better option.

I was actually thinking of the Milwaukee Carferry rather than the Wisconsin, but I think the numbers would probably be pretty similar.

Got my new to me fins today. Hog Tech 2 fins. Definitely heavier than my Deep6, as well as stiffer and shorter. Interested to see how they work out.

Got my new to me fins today. Hog Tech 2 fins. Definitely heavier than my Deep6, as well as stiffer and shorter. Interested to see how they work out.

My wife swears by them—but for wetsuit diving and single tank. For drysuit and doubles we both prefer the even heavier Jets. I use the Deep6 for wetsuit.

Talked to the tech instructor who works at my LDS today. I wanted to see what I might need in the way of gear for AN/DP as I’m planning my scuba budget for the year. I came away from the conversation a happy camper. All I essentially need is a deco reg and an AL40. Current pony reg will get O2 cleaned to become deco reg.

Oh, and a lift bag if my 6ft SMB isn’t acceptable. But everything else - BP/W, doubles, regs, drysuit, Perdix/Geo 2.0 backup in gauge mode, lights - are acceptable for class.

Nice to know that the care I’ve put in my gear purchases was worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom