My instructor is on Law & Order tonight (11/1)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Tonight on USA Network:

"When the body of a diver washes up on shore, Goren and Eames clash with the FBI over possible terrorist connections, and then track the murderer into the high-stakes world of deep-sea treasure hunters. Don't miss the premiere of "Depths" this November 1st at 10/9C on USA!"

Law and Order Criminal Intent 'Depths' premieres on November 1st

PA080103-1.jpg

Jason Fisch - of The Scuba Connection here in Hillsborough NJ - and his KISS rebreather are featured prominently in the episode. His brother Wayne was on the other side of the camera assisting the show's crew in filming the underwater scenes that were shot at Dutch Springs, our local dive quarry.

From The Scuba Connection website:

In early August of 2007, Dive Shop owners Jason and Wayne Fisch were asked to provide their diving knowledge and expertise to assist in the filming an episode of Law & Order - Criminal Intent. called "Depths".

Jason & Wayne were selected by Law & Order - Criminal Intent due to their in-depth diving knowledge and knowledge of Dutch Springs. The episode calls for underwater shots of a diver on a rebreather. Jason was asked to be the stand in for the actor in this underwater sequence. By the way, this character is a suspected terrorist - have you seen Jason when he has not shaved for 3 days????????. I think this is called type casting.

Wayne was in all of his glory, supporting the film crew in their underwater shooting. Word has it that Jason was paid more than Wayne - as Wayne put it "Jason was paid more than me and I did all the work". Welcome to Hollywood.

All kidding aside, the film crew and the staff of Law & Order - Criminal Intent were very appreciative of the effort put forth by both Wayne and Jason.

I told Jason he better have done everything 100% correctly, lest everyone on ScubaBoard jumps on his case!

I'm watching it now, just because the ad running all week kept infuriating me so much.

"You think he's a terrorist?"
"Why else would someone dive in this muck?"

I kept grinding my teeth when I would hear that exchange. If the water was clear enough to take a picture from 3 feet away, then it wasn't as bad viz as the places I've had my OW certification. According to my standards, "that muck" was great water! :wink:

Jokes aside (well, the ad did annoy me, that wasn't a joke), the underwater shots were great. There was also no sutpidity as in "The Cave". No magic radios in mouthpiece or other nonsense. Congrats to your instructor! :)

This isn't the first time the Fisch's have helped out Hollywood. They're good people. We took our wreck training with George. My sister did her CW with TSC. Unfortunately I didn't see the episode because I was working. I'll catch it on reruns.

RJP: I told Jason he better have done everything 100% correctly, lest everyone on ScubaBoard jumps on his case! -end quote

:rofl3: So true :)

Hey that is fun stuff to hear about. I will look for it to play on one of the other channels this week as I missed the initial showing.

I enjoyed the show. Well done!!!:cheers:

I just thought they were turning up dead because they were diving rebreathers.....:popcorn::sprint:

:D

It was well past my bedtime, 5:15am comes too quick, but I did tape it & just watched it, after seeing all the previews I just had to see it.
Why else would anyone dive in this muck, ahh because real divers don't need 80ft of vis.LOL
It was done pretty good, but a supposedly tech diver not being able to do a free ascent in open water, please. Also wearing a drysuit, but no gloves, hmm I like my drysuit, but if the water is warm enough for no gloves I don't see me going through the hassle of my drysuit.

Great show tvio it. So i Can watch it again and again.

I wanted to see Goren and Eames in wetsuits! More underwater scenes! But other than when the guy that died first jumped in without pulling the hood out from under his mask...:)

Mike

Hey! The ‘who’d want to dive in this murk’ was justified - the CI arch enemy being a dork said it.

It was well past my bedtime, 5:15am comes too quick, but I did tape it & just watched it, after seeing all the previews I just had to see it.
Why else would anyone dive in this muck, ahh because real divers don't need 80ft of vis.LOL
It was done pretty good, but a supposedly tech diver not being able to do a free ascent in open water, please. Also wearing a drysuit, but no gloves, hmm I like my drysuit, but if the water is warm enough for no gloves I don't see me going through the hassle of my drysuit.

I didn't see the show (no cable or satellite), but tech divers do have deco ceilings they must recognize otherwise they can die. I will do all I can to stay below that ceiling before I make a free ascent. Also, I dive dry with no gloves all the time. Almost every cave diver in Florida does. The dry suit does make a difference, even without gloves.

Back
Top Bottom