My first YouTube video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I am the guest speaker at tonight's Dive n' Surf club meeting. My presentation consists of a Powerpoint slide show and description of the wonderful life to be found at our local beach dive sites. I am including a six minute video that I shot a few years ago but finally got around to editing yesterday. Since most of you cannot attend the meeting, I would like to present my first attempt at YouTube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUbz9yZCLk8

MaxBottomtime:
I would like to present my first attempt at YouTube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUbz9yZCLk8

Nice music. Beats the brain numbing power house club hip snot that is behind most dive videos these days, in a lame and transparent attempt to turn them into a UFC meets Xgames soundtrack.

Diving, for me, could be nothing further from something I need to attack and drive face-first to sumbission. Kinda digging the Piano trio. Especially the bass solo throught the squid mosh.... Squid would be bass players, I think. The ending is great, as the squid dissolve into the solo ray while the band ends in light cymbal work. I liked it all.

Is the music something you picked or is it a YouTube default?

Nice.

We'll be diving tonight or I'd come by.

---
Ken

Really nice video and great choice of music

Very nice selection of marine life -- and distinctly different from the usual tropical stuff I'm used to seeing. Reminds me of my trip to Catalina a couple of years ago. Now if you could just warm the water up a little for us Floridians!!!

Thanks for sharing and good luck with your presentation. I'm sure it will go over great.

Doug

Mo2vation:
Nice music. Beats the brain numbing power house club hip snot that is behind most dive videos these days, in a lame and transparent attempt to turn them into a UFC meets Xgames soundtrack.

Diving, for me, could be nothing further from something I need to attack and drive face-first to sumbission. Kinda digging the Piano trio. Especially the bass solo throught the squid mosh.... Squid would be bass players, I think. The ending is great, as the squid dissolve into the solo ray while the band ends in light cymbal work. I liked it all.

Is the music something you picked or is it a YouTube default?

Nice.

We'll be diving tonight or I'd come by.

---
Ken
Thanks Ken. It's Chick Corea playing the Great Pumpkin Walts from the Happy Anniversary, Charlie Brown CD. I love the sound of jazz trio with the underwater scenes, but it helps that it closely matched the length of the video. Next time I may plan more carefully and edit to the music, but I was rushed into the presentation tonight. I had a lot of fun sharing my pictures and video with the DnS club.

MaxBottomtime:
Thanks Ken. It's Chick Corea playing the Great Pumpkin Walts from the Happy Anniversary, Charlie Brown CD. I love the sound of jazz trio with the underwater scenes, but it helps that it closely matched the length of the video. Next time I may plan more carefully and edit to the music, but I was rushed into the presentation tonight. I had a lot of fun sharing my pictures and video with the DnS club.

Lots of people talking about it in the parking lot tonight as we were getting out.

Apparently it went well.

---
Ken

Nice video Max

Happy Diving
John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom