My First Video Camera Purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let me kindly disagree w/ Howarde (I hope I'm quoting the right person I'm disagreeing with!) about XP's Windows Movie Maker. The free Windows Movie Maker, as far as I've been able to drive it, is not only a dog, but it's a resource hog.

I assume that you (Dandydon, that is) have a DVD burner. If you do, it came with basic software. That basic burning software is better than Movie Maker, IMO. The Canon will come with Pinnacle Studio Lite or some similar clone, which is also fine. If you don't have a DVD burner, you'll want to plonk for one.

Yes, DD, your thumbnails hit the itsy-bitsy-polka-dotted-IEEE cable just on the nose, along with its big brother mongo connector :D

Hy

DandyDon:
Well, thanks to you kind folks, I feel I have learned a lot for someone who has yet to charge a battery on one yet. Took the Sony back today. I'll download the manual for the Canon and start studing it while I was for it. :)
Now it is just a matter of time till you are looking for an underwater case. :D

Well, we'll see how I do with it on land first. They won a round on me tho...! :silly:

There was some confusion on confirming the camera order, and when I called today to confirm shipment: "Yes, we have it read to ship, just need to confirm a couple of things. Did you also want the charger, battery, software, cable?" Damn! That price was for camera only...!!

I told him to cancel the oder, he came down on the package, I told him to cancel, he came down some more. I looked at how many days I had left before I needed to know how to use it, and we settle on an undisclosed price - but they got me. :blush: Should have bought it at Best Buy, but if I'd actually cancelled the order, then Best would have been out of them. Win some, lose some, try to get ahead now and then...

<edit - next morning>I couldn't stand it! These people are rip-off artists and I don't owe them any considerations. Canceled the order this morning, I'm getting it from Best Buy, whom I can more likely trust. The agent tried to tell me I couldn't do that, but - I did. :D

<edit> Hehe, my bank just called about a suspicious phone call about my account. We're both watching it carefully.

I didn't check on the company until I got suspicous, but when I did - wow!! See complaints here

DandyDon:
Well, we'll see how I do with it on land first. They won a round on me tho...! :silly:

There was some confusion on confirming the camera order, and when I called today to confirm shipment: "Yes, we have it read to ship, just need to confirm a couple of things. Did you also want the charger, battery, software, cable?" Damn! That price was for camera only...!!

I told him to cancel the oder, he came down on the package, I told him to cancel, he came down some more. I looked at how many days I had left before I needed to know how to use it, and we settle on an undisclosed price - but they got me. :blush: Should have bought it at Best Buy, but if I'd actually cancelled the order, then Best would have been out of them. Win some, lose some, try to get ahead now and then...

<edit - next morning>I couldn't stand it! These people are rip-off artists and I don't owe them any considerations. Canceled the order this morning, I'm getting it from Best Buy, whom I can more likely trust. The agent tried to tell me I couldn't do that, but - I did. :D

<edit> Hehe, my bank just called about a suspicious phone call about my account. We're both watching it carefully.

I didn't check on the company until I got suspicous, but when I did - wow!! See complaints here
Bummer, I know that bhphotovideo.com is a good company to buy camera stuff from.

Well, there is no Costco within a hundred miles of my casa, they don't seem to have my desired make & model online, and I had no time left for internet orders, so I was down to where I could find it in Lubbock. I don't care for Comp USA, so I called Best Buy and Circuit City: both had it for $350. CC also had it online for $320, and I could have ordered there for instore pickup, but that could have gone awry unless I wanted to stop by the office and print out a receipt. Instead, I just phoned, got Laura to promised to sell it walk-in for $320, and made the 3 hours round-trp. Total price not including the trip*, $346 - $50 less than the rip-off artists were going to charge me if they ever shipped it?

* If I had been better organized, I would have picked it up while I was in Lubbock for my rescue class 2 days ago.
angry-smiley-031.gif
But I do have it, the complete kit, in hand, and the other accessories have already come in, so I have a week to play with it.

Prestigecamera.com - aka PrefferedPhoto and BroadWay - is now the lowest offering it on the Nextag.come site, at $292 delivered, but I don't have the time, and - even though they're in Boston also, I couldn't find much bad about them on reviews, until I found this: http://fortunecity.pricerunner.com/retailer/18020/reviews
TO ALL BUYERS BEWARE OF THESE CRIMINALS OF NEW YORK. THESE GUYS HAVE MANY WEBSITES MOST OF THEM LISTED BELOW. NEVER EVER BUY FROM THESE WEBSITES. BASED ON MY OWN RESEARCH I FOUND OUT THESE ALL WEBSITES LISTED BELOW ARE OWNED BY ONE PERSON OR ONE FAMILY. IF ANYBODY WANTS TO HUNT MORE WEBSITES OF THESE CROOKS YOU CAN FIND ALL THEIR WEBSITES FROM WWW.STREETPRICES.COM, WWW.PRICESCAN.COM, WWW.PRICERUNNER.COM, WWW.EVERYPRICE.COM AND ETC. IF YOU GO TO WWW.PRICERUNNER.COM THEY HAVE ALREADY PUT OBSERVATION LIST FOR THESE WEBSITES WARNING THE BUYERS DO NOT BUY FROM THESE WEBSITES. THESE GUYS ALWAYS OPEN NEW WEBSITES. SOMEONE PLEASE GET A GOOD LAWYER AND SUSPEND ALL THESE WEBSITES AND THESE CRIMINALS FRAUD WILL BE BROKE FOR LONG TIME. MOST OF THESE FRAUD PUT A TESTIMONIALS ON THEIR WEBSITE BY WRITING GOOD WORDS WORDS FROM CUSTOMER HAHAHAHAHA. THEN ALL OF US MAKE A BIG PARTY TO CELEBRATE.

WWW.BYWAYHOTO.COM
WWW.REGALPHOTO.COM
WWW.INFINITIPHOTO.COM,
WWW.JANDKCAMERAS.COM,
WWW.EXPRESSCAMERAS.COM,
WWW.ROYALCAMERAS.COM,
WWW.CCICAMERACITY.COM,
WWW.GENIUSCAMERAS.COM,
WWW.THECAMERAPROS.COM, ----
WWW.PREFERREDPHOTO.COM,
WWW.RADIOACTIVEDEALS.COM,
WWW.PRICERITEPHOTO.COM,
WWW.INOAX.COM,
http://store.tcscamera.com,
www.thecamerassource.com,
www.usaphotonation.com,
www.americanintimates.com,
www.expresscameras.com,
www.priceritephoto.com,
www.dealznet.com,
www.hypeaudio.com,
www.idealav.com,
http://store.yahoo.com/lgdsuperstore,
www.bestchoicedigital.com,
www.wawadigital.com
www.bwayphoto.com,
www.rainbowtronics.com,
www.dbuys.com
www.american-deals.com,
www.pricesrite.com
www.fotoconnection.com
www.stop4camera.com,
www.century21electronics.com,
www.mpsuperstore.com,
www.clickfordigital.com,
www.prestigecamera.com,
www.datavis.com,
www.pcrush.com,
www.century21electronics.com,
www.prestigecamera.com,
www.stargatephoto.com

IF ANYONE IS PLANNING TO GET A LAWYER AND HUNT DOWN THIS CRIMINALS I MADE IT EASY FOR YOU TO SUSPEND ALL THESE WEBSITES. IF YOU SUSPEND ALL THESE WEBSITES THESE GUYS WILL BE TRAPPED FOR LONG TIME. PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU NEED MORE INFORMATION I WILL WORK WITHWHOEVER IS PLANING TO GET LAWYERS SO WE ALL TOGETHER RISE UP AGAINST THIS EVILS. IF YOU FIND MORE OF THEIR WEBSITES PLEASE SEARCH FOR ELECTORNICS OR CANON DIGITAL REBEL XT ON THESE SITES WWW.STREETPRICES.COM,, WWW.PRICESCAN.COM, WWW.EVERYPRICE.COM, WWW.PRICERUNNER.COM IT IS VERY EASY TO FIND THEIR WEBSITES. THESE CRIMINALS CONTROL MOST OF THE ELECTRONICS.

I think maybe it's fine to pay $58 inclusive more to my local Circuit City :)

Back
Top Bottom