My Father Passed Away Friday Night

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marshallkarp

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just wanted to share it with you all. My father was not a diver, but he was a big fan of my diving. He paid for me to go to college in the 1970s and paid for my scuba course back then.

When I re-took up diving in the 90's, my father was fascinated by my underwater pictures and video. The last dive adventure video I made was two years ago and he was captivated by the nurse shark in Grand Cayman. I was hoping to show him the dive video from Belize three weeks ago, but he was in the hospital very disoriented and confused, so there was no opportunity.

He was the greatest man I ever knew. I am not going to eulogize him here. If you like, I have a little more to say on my website:

www.marshallkarp.com

Thanks for being there for my, guys. I know you care. Please pray for my mother.

Marshall

Condolences. Keep the good times in your mind, they will serve you well in the coming days.

I am sorry for your loss. I lost my father back this May. He was the motivating factor behind me becoming a diver. May they rest in peace.

I'm sorry for your loss.That's a nice tribute to your dad on your website. We all owe a lot to that generation.

I am sorry for your loss. My prayers go out for you and your family. Your Dad sounds like a good man from the description you gave.

My condolences, Marshall. My dad passed away five years ago, so I can easily relate.

Shortly before his major stroke, I visited Mom & Dad after working in Belize and Honduras for two months. Dad had never really understood or appreciated my love for the sea and diving, but on that visit I showed him footage I had taken. During one sequence of a queen triggerfish trying to up end a hermit crab in a conch shell to eat it, he commented something to the effect "That's really good footage." It is one of the happier memories I have of my father.

Great that yours was supportive early on.

Marshall, I'm really sorry to hear of you losing your dad. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom. (check your phone for a text)

I lost my dad in 1993 and I'm still not completely over the loss. Please accept my condolences and my prayers for you and your family.

Bob (Toronto)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom