My experiment in urban legends

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

are you guys talking about the story about the guy with the hot water hose in the wet suit?

Originally posted by Burke
are you guys talking about the story about the guy with the hot water hose in the wet suit?
Shhhhhhh........

Originally posted by msjones
Please dont tell the story again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You won't hear it from me! :D

I detest the fire diver and jellyfish-up-the-arse stories...loathe them, actually.

I've heard that the buckets used by fire helecopters are not able to pick up divers. I don't remember where I heard that, does anyone know anything about them???

Originally posted by roakey
The “Pine Glen” fire was not in the Pike National Forest (it was in my “back yard” – came within 1000 feet of my house): http://www.bffire.org/New/pine_glen_wildfire.htm

Roak,
I just noticed where you were from, and I hadn't noticed that before. I'm going to have to send your adaptation of the urban legend to a couple of my co-workers who telecommute from Colorado Springs.

They've been giving updates daily to what's going on. One sent a satellite photo that showed all the fires and the smoke clouds... pretty scary stuff! I've not talked to my parents yet, but I've got to get in touch with them tomorrow sometime, as my mothers whole family just moved out to Durango last summer...

G'luck!

Originally posted by roakey
FYI, my post is blatant plagiarism
Is that legal?

(Damn, I'm funny!)

Tell us about the Jellyfish UL? Pleeeeeaaaasssseeee?

You should all know by now that I'm a glutton . . . ?

I just sent you a PM. Let me know if you got it ok.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom