My experience with North Atlantic Scuba in Marshfield

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can see both sides on this issue. The one thing that sticks out to me is how it was handled. The very same point could be made just by giving an explaination as to why they didn't feel they could do the job. While I may not agree with the explaination. I was given a reason, not attitude. I probably would give attitude back and here we go!
As the customer, I feel that I do deserve respect from the business which I give back by choosing to spend my precious hard earned dollars there.It's a two way street. If the LDS couldn't or didn't want to fix this problem, then find a better way to relay that to the customer. I may not like the answer, but I'll at least walk out feeling like I was treated fairly and respected. I would feel angry and rant about it to everyone that would listen if treated that way. That's how easy this can happen. A simple call to the manager AFTER calming down would go a long way to preventing this from happening again. Life is too short folks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets hope enough people avoid NAS and give business to good folks instead like PG Dive.
Having more shops is good, but having bad shops like NAS giving divers a hard time is not needed. Do we hear any responses from NAS here? No, because they probably don't even care to check the areas most used diving forums....PG Dive does!
After hearing Matts story I know I'll avoid the place.
John C

Very simple solution, take the items back to where you purchased them........Are you in business for yourself??...If so, you might understand more where they are coming from...IMO, the business owed you nothing but 'have a great day'........

I am a remodling contractor, self employed, and in business for myself. When my phone rings, I am friendly, and professional to whoever is on the other end. I offten work for free on small jobs where a client has been screwed over by another contractor due to improper work done. Many times, I am rewarded with a call from these people to do other work because of my attitude towards work / business ethics. Shake a tree, and carpenters will fall on you, I have to be better, and make myself stand out. No better way than to act decently to whoever I am dealing with. The customer is allowed to have a bad day..."I", am not. To me, EVERY job is important, no matter how small it seems to me, I have to remember that to the customer, it is thier priority. If I don't fix it with a smile, someone else will, and quick. Same goes with the shop, his bad for not fully explaining his point of view, and offering to help in some other way. It usually only takes one bad experience for me to walk away from the ofender, and I believe many others feel the same way. Crapping on a customer over a leaky glove just bit him in the azz. Not worth it...

WOW, some shops just don't get it. The attitude that you bought it elsewhere go have them fix it is so short sighted it is scary. This is the shops opportunity to pick up new business. Treat the customer like they are your best friend, take care of the issue, give them a free dive magazine, a cup of coffee and charge for the repair if warranted and "earn" the business. Stop complaining about on-line companies, other shops and where people bought their gear. They had their chance to pick up a new customer and blew it. The OP could have very well have been on here saying what a great shop they were for hooking me up even though I didn't buy from them.

If you asked to speak to the manager and the "kid" on the phone didn't let you, the manager didn't have a chance to make things right. At the very least, you ought to let the manager know that he has a problem - either it is a company policy that is wrong (not assisting someone) or he may have an employee who is botching things up. In the first case, he deserves to lose the business (but should know that it is happening). In the second case, he deserves a change to earn the business or at least know that the kid is screwing with the shop's reputation.

I agree completely with everything you've said. Those actions are what a fair-minded constructive person would do.

This kind of one-sided indictment bothers me enough that I just called the shop to alert them to this situation in case they want to address the accusations in this thread directly.

It's clear to me from the positive comments of long-term customers of North Atlantic Scuba that they don't deserve to be treated this way on the internet.

There are much better ways to handle a personal slight. :shakehead:

Please note that I have no affiliation or connection with North Atlantic Scuba other than my recent contact to alert them.

Dave C

I'll be damned if I will be made to "follow up piss poor service and less than good treatment from ANY place of business. Having to make additional calls or visits is not my problem, It's thiers. They have one shot at me, and if I feel less than satisfied, (which is the leasn theat a customer should feel) thier on the list. If I have other options for product or service, I go elsewhere. I don't care if the treatment was from an uninformed or rude employee and not owner or management. It was a simple service call folks, and he was treated badly. F-em.
Damn right I'm tough about it. It's my $ and you better be smiling when you take it from me for product or service rendered. Customer service is #1.....period.

Back
Top Bottom