My experience with North Atlantic Scuba in Marshfield

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jack,
I take it from your response that you've had good experiences with NAS?

It seems to me after 8 pages we have one negative experience. There are a lot of people making judgements about this one negative experience who have never been to the shop (myself included) but only handful of people have posted and who have been to the shop themselves. Those people do not seem to share the negative experiences of the original poster.

This definitely leads me to wonder if this was an isolated incident for whatever reason. Maybe it could be due to some new employee, maybe a misunderstanding, who knows? In any case, I'd certainly be very reluctant to write this shop off based on this one incident.

I've bought a wetsuit, hood, gloves, weights, catch bags, lights, and other stuff from NAS. While I've never had any problems with any of the gear I've bought there, I've never had any negative experiences either.

I've only been in for fills, and while I thought the water bath fill station was quaint, I didn't have any problem with the staff. They seemed friendly and helpful, but then I wasn't asking much.

I've only been in for fills, and while I thought the water bath fill station was quaint, I didn't have any problem with the staff. They seemed friendly and helpful, but then I wasn't asking much.

I thought that water bath fill stations had gone out of practice because of environmental reasons.

I thought that water bath fill stations had gone out of practice because of environmental reasons.

I always thought the primary reason it fell out of favor was that it increases the likelyhood of water getting inside the tank during the fill.

As I understood it, they went out of favor because of the ability to transfer unwelcome biological material (invasive species and such) from tank to tank. (I'd assume mostly within the tank boot.)

Back
Top Bottom