My experience with North Atlantic Scuba in Marshfield

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm wondering if expressing that opinion might constitute a false statement regarding the shop.

The key word here is "opinion". Anyone can express their opinion at any time and they can be quite adamant about it also. If you do a google on Nav systems and Toyota/Lexus you will find entire web sites devoted to calling Toyota every thing can think of. There are pages and pages of facts and opinions. Toyota would like nothing more than for this sight to go away and you can bet they have tried but the web site originator has rights also and is exercising them. The other thing with cases like this is there is a burden of proof that what was said actually hurt the company financially. Saying it is not enough, you have to prove it and that is nearly impossible to do. How do you prove what was said cost the company real money?

You guys have way too much time on your hands...

yak,
you said you were going to tell the owner about this thread, then in the next thread, said he already knew...what was his response? Obviously he hasn't come in to post a response or did I miss his response in here?

yak,
you said you were going to tell the owner about this thread, then in the next thread, said he already knew...what was his response? Obviously he hasn't come in to post a response or did I miss his response in here?

dave4868 informed me in a PM that he had already informed the owners by phone and emailed them a link.

dave4868 informed me in a PM that he had already informed the owners by phone and emailed them a link.

Jack,
I take it from your response that you've had good experiences with NAS?

It seems to me after 8 pages we have one negative experience. There are a lot of people making judgements about this one negative experience who have never been to the shop (myself included) but only handful of people have posted and who have been to the shop themselves. Those people do not seem to share the negative experiences of the original poster.

This definitely leads me to wonder if this was an isolated incident for whatever reason. Maybe it could be due to some new employee, maybe a misunderstanding, who knows? In any case, I'd certainly be very reluctant to write this shop off based on this one incident.

i have been to the shop for 20 or so years they have been nothin but what u would expect from a local dive shop awsome in many ways i think like RIO life is 10% fact 90 % how we handle it so quit cry babying and get diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom