My DS-IV reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

G'Diddy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I inadvertently rinced my reg with the dust cap off. I discovered this in less than 5 minutes and removed my comp (which seems to be fine), hung the reg to dry by the comp hose and left the dust cap off to help the drying process. I'm taking it today for servicing.

My question is, how much and what kind of damage might I expect to find?:confused::dork2:

I wouldn't image you'll find much of a problem in a single day with fresh water intrusion. But, I'm not a tech.

Likely the tech will disassemble, clean and dry everything out so that you won't have a problem in the future from the instrusion.

Please let us know what the tech says, does and finds.

You might have damaged the SPG but I doubt it, since you didn't hook it up to a tank and pressurize. Again, not a tech.

You might have damaged the SPG but I doubt it, since you didn't hook it up to a tank and pressurize. Again, not a tech.

My SPG is in my computer that I have on a quick disconnect. The first thing i did upon relaizing the problem was to disconnect the computer. The computer is showing no ill effects.

I've done the same with my DS-IV. Accidentally dunked it in a freshwater bath without the DIN plug, realized it 5 seconds later and pulled it out. Luckily, no damage to the reg or the SPG. I called a couple of shops and they said not to worry about it.

If it was saltwater, I'd be a lot more worried.

I wouldn't image you'll find much of a problem in a single day with fresh water intrusion. But, I'm not a tech.

Likely the tech will disassemble, clean and dry everything out so that you won't have a problem in the future from the instrusion.

Please let us know what the tech says, does and finds.

:D

I got my reg back. I asked the ech to do the annual service on it and let me know what , if any, damage was done by me flooding it. There were no notes from the tech that anything other than the annual servie was required. So, this time, no hard, no foul.
:dancingsnoopy:

Back
Top Bottom