My daughter needs a buddy for GUE Rec 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SandyRobinson

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My daughter is hoping to get certified through GUE in Mid May 2017 with Meredith Tanguay (WetRocks). The 6 day class will feature nitrox, boat diving, drift, wreck, and some rescue with everything taught in trim/neutral buoyancy/team focus. The first four days will be in the High Springs, Fl area, and the last two days will be in Pompano, Fl. The class is limited to two new students. You can find more information on Mer and WetRocks on FaceBook or at www.wetrocksdiving.com. If you have a friend or family member who may be interested, send me a message or contact Mer thru her website.

Reactions: mer
You can also PM her here, she is @mer

Good luck!

Thanks Brendon! I have heard good things about Mer so hopefully we will find a second student. Kind of nice to have Nitrox built into the course along with some rescue techniques, shooting a bag, and all of the different spring and ocean dives - I think up to 14 for the week if I remember correctly.

I don't know her other than posts here but I don't think you can go wrong on any GUE course. Definitely miles ahead of the cert-factories that seem to proliferate.

I have met Mer once and chatted with her over internet about various issues like ideal drysuit, best wings, GUE gear protocols etc. I hope your daughter finds a buddy because Mer is a great teacher and an awesome person to learn from.

Thanks Captain!

For all, we are still looking to fill a spot. This will be an informative class including a variety of dives. Since the class size is two, a considerable amount of time is focused on the students. Also, nitrox is included. Let us know if you know someone.

If anyone is considering this class, don't wait to reach out. Right now date range flex is mid to late May, as of Sunday 2/5, that range will be reduced to May 14-22, 2017, as I am about to publish other class offerings.

Act now!

If you have questions, let's schedule a time to talk tonight or this weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom