My Birthday Dive!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were having dinner at Louie Linguine's later that day and saw some jackass run his sailboat right onto the beach at McAbee, then had to be rescued by a bunch of divers. *shakes head*

Are boats allowed to come in that close?

Yes, they are.

I had a great time diving with Michelle, Sarah and the gang, I saw a lot of divers in our group taking pictures but haven't seen anyone post... First dive was awesome 52 minutes at 55 degrees while the second one at 62 minutes at 54 degrees made me shiver literally, I was cold...

Any pictures???

Sorry for the delay in responding. Work has been crazy and I've been studying for an exam and cramming to finish homework. What a week! :shakehead:

Yes, we had another great day at McAbee, even though the B-day girl didn't make it. She was still sick. :depressed: I hope you had a great Birthday Tessa!!

The weather was beautiful and the sea was pretty calm. There was some surge in the shallow areas and the vis was around 15ft but still 2 really good dives. Hey, we were blowing bubbles and enjoying each other's company...that makes for a great day in my books. :D

Here are my pics from the day. Monterey 11-16-08 - a set on Flickr
Can you tell I'm practicing with my nudi shots? :wink:

Michelle,

Thanks for posting your pics, I really like the one of the abalone, I have never seen one in Monterey while scuba diving.

Also the anenome closed up is spectacular since I always see them open.

Have you been able to get a hold of your friend Greg? I believe that is his name he had the really large camera and took the group shot of us. I'd really like to see if the pic came out. I will try to email Sarah and ask her if her hubby can upload some of his land pictures.

It was really nice that he took so many pics of the group on land helps to keep a photo album of your diving buddies.

MG

p.s
Michelle if you don't mind me asking, what class have you been studying for?

Michelle,

Thanks for posting your pics, I really like the one of the abalone, I have never seen one in Monterey while scuba diving.

Also the anenome closed up is spectacular since I always see them open.

Have you been able to get a hold of your friend Greg? I believe that is his name he had the really large camera and took the group shot of us. I'd really like to see if the pic came out. I will try to email Sarah and ask her if her hubby can upload some of his land pictures.

It was really nice that he took so many pics of the group on land helps to keep a photo album of your diving buddies.

MG

p.s
Michelle if you don't mind me asking, what class have you been studying for?

I haven't seen too many abalone in Monterey either and I've never seen one move as fast as that little guy.

I sent Brian an email to get a copy of that group shot. I don't think he was real happy with it but I'm sure he'll share it. That would be nice to see Mark's land shots too.

I'm taking a geography class at the JC. I hated geography when I was in school, which made me very geographically challenged as an adult, so I'm really loving the class now. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom