My Best Investment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

so only a few more thousands of $$$ and you will be well on your way ;-)

i agree with the above post. Also, use this board and it's members as a resource before buying expensive gear. Had I known this existed, I would not have bought my gear twice! :shakehead: The first time I bought what I THOUGHT I needed, the second time, I bought what I KNEW I needed:dork2:

Happy diving!

I'm a very new diver, and I'm only OW certified, but my best investment so far has been:

Timex Expedition Watch, $30.00 at Wal-Mart.

Nothing beats those roll-back prices. :D

Cool! Should be a great watch for on the boat.... But what are you going to wear for diving? :eyebrow:

Just kidding... sort of...

If you are looking for dive watches, I'd advise getting one that says "Divers 300M" or something similar on the face. These are watches that are actually designed to be used as dive watches.

My understanding is that some sports watches that are rated for 100M or 200M are a bit optimistic in their depth rating. Some may be just fine diving, and some may die after a couple dives. Some are ok as long as you don't push the buttons underwater.

Ask other divers what they they are using.

You can get a good 300M dive watch for < $200 online at Liesurepro. I'm using the Citizen "Eco-Drive 300 Meter Professional Diver", which I think Liesurepro sells for about $165. I like it better than my old 1970's Seiko Dive Watch.

Good luck on your equipment purchases, and like clifftondiver said above, be sure to ask lots of questions here on Scubaboard.... it can save you some grief and $$. :D

Best Wishes!

Back
Top Bottom