My basemant bathroom remodels (a little showing off)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laustimus

Contributor
Reaction score
Bought my house back in 2004, it was a real dive when I got it (HUD home for really cheap) I couldn't live in it for about 6 weeks just to get things cleaned up so I could live here. One of my projects was the basement bathroom gut and remodel. That worked out good for a few years but then had a drain failure in the laundry room and had to replace it.. that meant taking a jackhammer to my 4 year old shower and since that means new pan and membrane I went all out and did a nicer tile.. so the first picture is the dive it was when I got here and the first remodel, the bottom picture is the brand new as of 1 hour ago. :D

DNBathBeAf.jpg

newbasementshower.jpg

The caulking is curing now so by sunday I can install the door and the hardware and have a shower again :D

Anyone else do some remodels lately?

Last edited:
That's looking really nice. Well done. :)

A couple of suggestions though.... Please don't take it personally.... just my opinion. :wink:

I would have extended the front hob up by about two feet. That way, I could soak my gear while I have a shower. I would also have a second spout, so that my wife could fill bcd's to rinse etc, while I am under the shower getting warm. She might start whinging otherwise, because I had all the water.

Maybe someone else could chime in here with some other suggestions. :D

Once again.... well done!

That's looking really nice. Well done. :)

A couple of suggestions though.... Please don't take it personally.... just my opinion. :wink:

I would have extended the front hob up by about two feet. That way, I could soak my gear while I have a shower. I would also have a second spout, so that my wife could fill bcd's to rinse etc, while I am under the shower getting warm. She might start whinging otherwise, because I had all the water.

Maybe someone else could chime in here with some other suggestions. :D

Once again.... well done!
:rofl3: I knew I should have made an input thread before I started all this work! :wink:

Thanks for the feedback :)

I think it looks great-- and what an improvement! That bucket-in-the-toilet shot is worth at least 5,000 words, IMHO.

WHAT :shocked: have you been doing in/on toilet #1 :confused:

New one looks great tho.:thumb:

WHAT :shocked: have you been doing in/on toilet #1 :confused:

New one looks great tho.:thumb:

:rofl3: haven't you ever heard of a chamber pot? :tongue: :wink:

I think it looks great-- and what an improvement! That bucket-in-the-toilet shot is worth at least 5,000 words, IMHO.

yeah, this place was a real dump when I got it, but the price was great. I've sunk about $25,000-$30,000 into a new kitchen and both bathrooms, refinished the hardwoods things like that and now it's much more livable. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom