My 1st Diving Problem Ever!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HybridDiver:
One thing i think is funny, is that you guys say going to 100 feet is bad on a single tank. My question is why in AOW they take you to 130 feet on single tank? Why would padi teach AOW on a single tank if it was no safe to dive to 100 feet. So that being said, you guys who say dont dive to 100 feet on single tank should not be saying that. Talk to padi, talk to TDI, talk to any of the other agencies that do AOW and see what they think its safe to dive to 130 feet with single. Thats just my food for thought.
Chris

Max depth for the Deep Dive in the PADI AOW is 100'.

Ya, its mr crash why does it matter? Im older now, yay. Now the fight returns or does everything still the same?
Cheers

So I read most of the posts here............where is this going?

Chris, my advise (and some of it has been said before) is to take it slowly. You are young and have plenty of time.

Get well established with diving the environment you are in. It is right out there and not many people get to dive it. That is a good thing. Give you lots of space to practice and get experience.

Equipment is only part of the etch diving equation. Mature mindset and attitude are probably more important than which reg to have. Get the best equipment you can afford for the task at hand, but make sure you can manage situations. Going too fast, too deep, too cold etc, can get people seriously hurt. Progression is the key here. From what I have read, you have a good basic set of gear to start building upon. Stick with it and get 'your miles on them'.

'It wasn't curiosity that killed the cat, it was cockiness. Cockiness kills'

Getting advise on an internet board is all fine and well, but make sure you a: understand what they are talking about, and b: don't get offended by some characters. The internet is notorious for people having the ability to 'be who they want to be'. Don't take it personally, it is just someone writing things on a board....... big deal. Don't be a drama queen when it comes to some comments, it doesn't become a you.

I am sure you (anyone else) want to respond, so fire away...:D

Im going to share with you guys my dive plan for today, 60 foot dive with buddie.
I do not know my SAC rate so we are going to use a base .75 sac, Im going to start figuring it out right away here. anyways here I go.
60/33+1 = 2.82 for ata
75sac X 2.82 ata (Bar) = 2.12 x 35 = 74.2 Cubic Feet Used at 60 feet.

100 Divided by 3442 = 0.29 x 3450 = 100 cubic feet in tank.

Accent to S stop
15/33+1 = 1.45
.75sac x 1.45 = 1.11 x 10 = 11.1 Cubic feet at the saftry stop for 10 mins.

Total of 85.3 cubic feet used
Totaly of 74.2 cubic feet used at 60 feet
Total of 11.1 cubic feet used at 15 feet used.
Tell me how I did?
Chris

Nice job of doing the calculations, but there are a couple of problems: You haven't accounted for the time you will take ascending from 60 to 15 feet (45 feet, that's a minute and a half with an average depth of approximately 40 feet, or 2.2 ATA, and you have to account for the gas used there). Second, you haven't figured your "rock bottom", or minimum gas to get you and a buddy to the surface . . . I assume you are diving with a buddy?

And finally, why would you do a ten minute safety stop after a dive to 60 feet for 35 minutes? That's a minimum deco dive with a total of three minutes of recommended stops, even by GUE's fairly conservative standards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom