Murray Report -- Feb 23 and 24

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was still all good. I, the hard-core diver, didn't dive during this outing but still had an outstandng time just hanging out with like-minded individuals as we talked about diving :) while sitting next to the water

Whimp........ :mooner:

It was still all good. I, the hard-core diver, didn't dive during this outing but still had an outstandng time just hanging out with like-minded individuals as we talked about diving :) while sitting next to the water

You know if you were "high tech" like Kory and John, you could just sit in your heated tent and PM all of them with your wireless internet access card.

Please tell me that Frank was one of the few, the proud that actually got wet.

I was there .... One night I saw the deepest part of the lake I had ever seen ... the biggest catfish ever and even found Bell Star's hidden stash of Wells Fargo loot too near the intake tubes by the steel tower below the crab trap !

Then , I woke up in sweats and still had all the Flu symptoms .
I guess it was all just a dream.....:shakehead:

I just camped there hoping I'd get well but never did.
I Pussed out on the dives.

.........still had all the Flu symptoms .

I Pussed out on the dives.

That's not what I heard....my source says you were 'under the weather' the whole weekend....so just relaxing and enjoying the campout was probably what the doc would have ordered anyways! :wink:

Much more prompt on your trip reporting now I see. :)

Sounds like a good time. Not sure why those folks call themselves a "Dive Club" with that kind of participation though. :mooner:

Is that a "drinking club with a diving problem" or a "diving club with a drinking problem"
and maybe they forget to dive? It might be time to advertise the event for what it is so people don't go out spend a bunch of money on dive gear and just buy cases of beer instead. Just a thought.....Meow....

Wow Debra! Yikes! Where'd that come from?

Anyone and everyone was welcome to dive. I am just not sure it actually happened. We had somewhere between 2 and 4 people dive. I guess that qualifies as a "drinking club / camping club with a diving problem". I guess.

As long as those folks are nice to me and keep building those huge fires... fixing up some excellent food & drink and generally being a welcome beacon to humans and reptiles alike I'll let them call it what ever kind of club they want.

So ZzzKing... what did you do to elivate humanity this weekend ?
I heard your skinny butt was junping around in the shower trying to get wet.
Again !!

Debra... how about you ?
Were you just a boneless, lazy ball of flesh and limp tendons sitting with a desperate lap top quivering on your belly like a frightened cherry in a bowl of Jello?

I bet I get in trouble for saying all that... maybe even Reported :no

As long as those folks are nice to me and keep building those huge fires... fixing up some excellent food & drink and generally being a welcome beacon to humans and reptiles alike I'll let them call it what ever kind of club they want.

Again !!

Debra... how about you ?
Were you just a boneless, lazy ball of flesh and limp tendons sitting with a desperate lap top quivering on your belly like a frightened cherry in a bowl of Jello?

:D ...................:lotsalove:

:)

You think that little barb would hurt me? LOL, yeah...not. I have thicker skin than that and of course I expected some flaming with my comment. How can I dish it out if I can't take it? I appreciate you being defensive of the event, personal jabs aside. I am bitter, that's all. I am telling you, all of you, being an ex dive shop owner isn't pretty, and tends to bring out the worst in me. I have been a participant of the club, attended events, donated lots of gift certificates, prizes, gave enormous discounts too, free air, cheap visuals and even free visuals to the board members at one time or another. I invested 5 years into that club. I supported them. For the most part I only I saw any of them when they came to pick up there free airfill or cash in there gift certificate to the penny. I maybe secured 3 or so regular members as customers and staff members over the years. Have you ever attended a meeting? Paid their dues? Are you an actual club member? How many people on this board are actual paying members who attend the meetings regularly or their events regularly. There is not really a lot of diving with this club. Look at any of their pictures....4- 7 people tops. I am just saying advertise what it really is. There is no shame in the truth. Call it a social club. Over the last couple of years there has been rumors of calling it a blue water dive club but nothing official yet.
Does anyone know how many official (paid) members they have?
My weekend? Hmm spent it taking care of my husband who is stricken with diverticulitis and is prepping for colon surgery at the end of the week. Oh yeah and helped my 17 year old step daughter cope with the fact that one of her 17 year old friends killed a 38 year old woman in a drunk driving accident Friday night in Arlington. I also spent some time on the computer cruising the forums, editing my mother's antique shopping website, and taking care of my animals. I mean if you are going to challenge me I might as well share. Lots of people will read this thread and mutter under their breath what an idiot or bitch I am and others will nod there heads in agreement with me. They just won't post it. I have nothing to lose or gain anymore personally.

Again !!

Debra... how about you ?

I believe I have gone on record prior to the event in question that I had a prior engagement at Pappas Brothers aiding my parents in the celebration of their 50th anniversary. My dad said they weren't really going to celebrate another one until their 75th. I probably won't be around that long so I decided I would have to skip diving and eat a marvelous steak. You know, do it for the family.

...and I'm reporting you right now! Oh boy are you in BIG trouble.

Back
Top Bottom