Multiple deaths diving off NC coast May 10, 2020?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Makes sense.
I Hope they release a little more information regarding cause.

Makes sense.
I Hope they release a little more information regarding cause.
Yes, we really do need to know. This kind of dive in this kind of location is extremely common, but we don't want the result to be common. If it is as "simple" as (for example) depth leading to narcosis and hunting-focus leading to out-of-gas, all confounded together, we need to know, because that is all preventable.

shame is a powerful thing.

LB

I'm not sure there's anything to be ashamed of period...especially out in the open Atlantic...two plus hours from port......getting back to the dive boat in any fashion...even if it happens to be the wrong boat if/when multiple boats are anchored on the same wreck...is better than not getting back at all...

W...

LB

I'm not sure there's anything to be ashamed of period...especially out in the open Atlantic...two plus hours from port......getting back to the dive boat in any fashion...even if it happens to be the wrong boat if/when multiple boats are anchored on the same wreck...is better than not getting back at all...

W...
We are in agreement that there is nothing to ashamed about.

That does not mean that people will not feel shame and embarrassment if they climb into the wrong boat, or end up floating away and requiring a search to commenced...

Who sets the line, a customer?

This was on the Indra. He hooks the wreck. Usually when all are back on board he would be able to unhook by circling around at least this is what I gather. But not this time. I had some air and NDL left since I had instabuddied with a couple of newbies for the dive. So I volunteered to unhook it and did so.

A video tour of the box wreck; boats usually anchor up on the bow end where the anchors and other machinery are located. Prevailing current is usually stern to bow...sometimes quartering the wreck from left to right as you sit on the bow facing the stern. I have never seen it undiveable, but have done a mild hand over hand up one side before and then coast back

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom