Multiple Computer Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bpodbielski

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I recently begun my journey into tec diving and I've started to use redundant computers (Shearwater Teric and Perdix 2). I'm posting here because I figured there would be more expertise in this forum versus the general computer forum, but happy to post there instead if that would be more appropriate.

I was curious to see how everyone is handling the syncing of their computers in a dual computer setup... Is everyone saving/syncing the data off of both or just your primary? Is there value in syncing both?

I've used the Teric for a while before getting the Perdix, so my dive counter on there is pretty high vs the Perdix starting back at dive 1. I was thinking that I would reset the Perdix to sync to the same dive number as my Teric, but I wasn't sure if that made any sense or not.

Anyway, just a tec diving newb over here, so any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

I sync both. In my main dive log, Mac Dive, I have a profile setup for my back up computer so it is separate from my primary.

I also sync to Shearwater Cloud, but that uses the dive number off the computer, which I never cared about. So that is a jumbled mess, but I only use it to get data that I can't get from Mac Dive, like GF99.

I just download from the primary, but I do reset the secondary's dive counter occasionally (if I happen to notice.)

Sync primary and delete duplicates from secondary

Off the topic….. but which computer on which arm? Just wondering what you decided.

Off the topic….. but which computer on which arm? Just wondering what you decided.

My primary is on my left arm, simply because that is the one I attach my line cutter to. They are configured identically.

My primary is on my left arm, simply because that is the one I attach my line cutter to. They are configured identically.
What computers do you have and which one id your primary?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom