Multiple Computer Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always dive with two computers. Two Perdid AI (one on each arm) for OC SM. Petrel 3 for CCR with one Perdix on the other arm. I don’t download any of my dives. If I want to look at something, I just view it in the dive log on the computer.

Tech diving - two computers. Sync primary.

Rec diving - one computer.

When diving with a backup computer it would be great if Shearwater Cloud could figure out that 2 profiles are identical and ask to delete one. @Shearwater

Or at least hide one under the other

I doubt it's easily doable: there'll always be momentary discrepancies in the data points, so by numbers the two profiles will never be exactly identical. You could do a point-by-point comparison and run a chi^2, but where do you draw the line? Without that, it'd take a piece of external knowledge to tell, and that piece is called "the diver".

I doubt it's easily doable: there'll always be momentary discrepancies in the data points, so by numbers the two profiles will never be exactly identical. You could do a point-by-point comparison and run a chi^2, but where do you draw the line? Without that, it'd take a piece of external knowledge to tell, and that piece is called "the diver".
Just comparing start time, end time, max depth, average depth, you can easily figure out if you are looking at the same dive or not.

Agree this is why I think it’s better to hide one behind the other in the UI.

Add something like a small headline “<computer 2> log” where you can access/unfold the second log if you click/select.

Many rebreather divers will dive with a Petrel and Nerd, sometimes other computers too (a backup Perdix).

You don't need the dive info from both; only one of them. Depends what info's being stored, but I use my Nerd as that has AI from the oxygen & diluent pressure transmitters.

I don't download dives from the Petrel. Except... had a few problems with the Nerd and a buggy Shearwater software release earlier this year (v93) that corrupted the dive details, now fixed in v95. (This was very specific to a certain hardware release)

Many rebreather divers will dive with a Petrel and Nerd, sometimes other computers too (a backup Perdix).

You don't need the dive info from both; only one of them. Depends what info's being stored, but I use my Nerd as that has AI from the oxygen & diluent pressure transmitters.

I don't download dives from the Petrel. Except... had a few problems with the Nerd and a buggy Shearwater software release earlier this year (v93) that corrupted the dive details, now fixed in v95. (This was very specific to a certain hardware release)
I didn’t realise the nerd acts as backup computer :)

I didn’t realise the nerd acts as backup computer :)
Have a Revo with 3 oxygen cells connected to the Petrel controller (which is connected to the solenoid)

Have another 2 cells directly connected to the Nerd. The Nerd is entirely separate from the other three cells, the DiveCAN bus, the controller electronics, the solenoid and battery. Should the Petrel or related electronics crap out, the unit can be flown by the Nerd alone (albeit with only 2 cells). Thus the Nerd can be described as the backup computer :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom