Multi deco vs V-planner vs GUE Deco Planner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It probably doesn’t matter all that much, but it makes it hard to discuss. We never seem to have to speculate as to what Buhlmann GF or VPM-B ”really mean”.

(Edited)
Well for "recreational" as in no-stop diving with occasional overstaying of the NDL it wouldn't much matter anyway.

It's really about how you compute the extra "conservatism" on top of your basic dissolved gas model: a straight line, some convoluted formula, you can even change your off-gassing from exponential to linear under some conditions... what it "really means" is getting the diver out of the water not bent while satisfying some other design criteria. Like minimize their deco time. Or their risk of getting bent. Or something.

and yet he and NAUI promoted it as a superior model for diving and continue to do so otherwise they wouldn't be used in their literature...
Everybody loves their baby and thinks it's smarter and cuter then other babies.

I am pretty sure that the Liquivision VPM-B was created by Ross Hemingway.
I remember what a pain it was to download his software onto my X1 via my Mac. I had to install Windows running on Parallels in order to do it.

For many deco diving is recreational diving.

Which is why I qualified with "as in". I am told Suunto DM will let you plan a deco dive for Zoop so they support that kind of "recreational". I don't believe there is a deco planner from my Cressi so it doesn't.

Everybody loves their baby and thinks it's smarter and cuter then other babies.
As long as it looks like Buhlmann + GF, then it is pretty.

The others are clouded in mystery and kept away from others.

I remember what a pain it was to download hiis software onto my X1 via my Mac. I had to install Windows running on Parallels in order to do it.
Thankfully it's worked on a Mac for many years: 7+?

As long as it looks like Buhlmann + GF, then it is pretty.

Ok, maybe I'm stirring the wasp nest with a stick once again, but just for argument sake, have a look at the 2 run times on the enclosed document, doesn't the VPM one looks a lot like the Buhlmann + GF ?

:wink:

Attachments

• VPM vs GF.pdf
    25.2 KB · Views: 113
Thankfully it's worked on a Mac for many years: 7+?
The software to install VPlanner or MultiDeco onto an X1? I don't think so. MultiDeco has always worked for me, both the IOS and MacOS versions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom