Mt Mud report (Storm)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JayJudge

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
JRK and I dove Storm Sat 2/16. Our 3rd buddy would have been diving wet, so, with air temps in the 20s, he wisely decided not to dive, and risk hypothermia. JR and I dove 'semi dry'- as true drysuits do not exist, lol. Water level was up, both stacks running, and surface temp of 56. Went to the 'new' platform, first dive at storm since May of last year, man, someone has done a number on that place. The computer was gone, a friend of mine had put a sink in, and some jerk broke that up, left part of it on the platform, the line to the platform was gone, the bouy was gone, only the line to the other platform remained. So, I have to ask, anyone else think this is aimed at a specific instructor-thats our take. Anyway, went to the 50, 89, at depth had 47 degrees, 10 ft horizontal, 5 feet vertical. It was like an overhead environment- minus the fun of taking something from the wreck. Came back, went to the bike (no plaque), and finished our dive. The normal catfish milling around the platforms. We decided not to leave our buddy carsitting anymore, and blew out of there, finishing a 65 minute dive and heading home by 11 am.
-Jay

Exactly (on the vandalism), it is a big ***. Not to sound like sour grapes, but as for the specific person, he has pissed a lot of people (including myself) off, by calling shops or boats you work on and ragging about you...this from someone who never has his air tested. That would explain the left platform, but not the bike. BTW. JRK moved the bars on the bike, they used to be locked. When I first heard about the damage up there, I figured some student had knocked over the plaque. Unfortunately, it is not the case, it almost looked cut. The first thing that was destroyed up there was the line from shore to the left platform, back in winter of last year. Then came the sink I think, then ? because like I said, I haven't been there since May or April. Hopefully the vandals get caught- we know something new is going in there soon :D
-J

When people do things like this they are hurting themselves as well as other people. I just don't get it...it's really sad. Eric...it's going to need to get a good bit warmer before we show up at Storm!

When people do things like this they are hurting themselves as well as other people. I just don't get it...it's really sad. Eric...it's going to need to get a good bit warmer before we show up at Storm!

You know...I think most normal people would wait a little longer for the temperature to warm up a little...but if I were on trial for being normal there wouldn't be much evidence to convict me...

There was only snow on the sides of the roads, and not much at that. No ice that we saw. We are going to run a new line from shore to the left platform, and pop a few new suprises in......
-J

Back
Top Bottom