MSDT Prep Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

welp. I am done and heading home. I woke up with some DCS symptoms and had to go to the chamber so no diving for 6 weeks and then a test to see of i can ever dive again.....

Dcs symptoms? What were the dives you were doing? Training stuff shouldn’t be rugged other than the up and down stuff.

joint pain, tingeling sensation in both arms and chest, vertigo,

24 dives in 6 days, not training dives, just dives, some deep, some shallow some drift, some on nitrox, some on air, Everything was with in limits but some times need to take a day off to allow for recovery.

joint pain, tingeling sensation in both arms and chest, vertigo,

24 dives in 6 days, not training dives, just dives, some deep, some shallow some drift, some on nitrox, some on air, Everything was with in limits but some times need to take a day off to allow for recovery.

A little bit of diving yes but they do that in Bonaire regularly. What computer and settings?

Curious as to what the doctor has to say.

A little bit of diving yes but they do that in Bonaire regularly. What computer and settings?

Curious as to what the doctor has to say.

SunntI zoop novo. The dive tables are 20 years old and do not account for multiple dives over multiple days. I know the computer is conservative. Had the symptoms but nothing else. Better to go and get checked than not and have a problem. I am not one to mess with the settings. All of the dives were with in tables. Did have tissue warnings on deep dives.

Oh no! I'm hoping that a couple of rides in the round room resolve your symptoms and that you're able to rejoin us in the water when you're ready.

SunntI zoop novo. The dive tables are 20 years old and do not account for multiple dives over multiple days. I know the computer is conservative. Had the symptoms but nothing else. Better to go and get checked than not and have a problem. I am not one to mess with the settings. All of the dives were with in tables. Did have tissue warnings on deep dives.

I'd like to back up her for a second. You want to be a dive master and eventually an instructor teaching specialties.

Were you diving the Zoop or tables? You say the zoop but then refer to 20 year old tables and then again say all dives were within tables....

Tissue warnings on a deep dive?? I don't own a zoop but I've read the manual, I don't see anywhere in the manual that talks about tissue warnings nor have I ever seen them with a tissue warning - I've seen them locked out, I've taken divers up and completed 20 minutes of deco to make the computer happy because they forgot to switch from air but I've never seen a tissue warning.

I absolutely agree that if you felt symptoms, took a ride in a chamber or whatever - you need to see a doctor - I'd want the doctor to have a clear understanding of what happened so that he/she could give me the best medical advice.

I was diving the computer. The doc mentioned the tables. The computer did show the warning. I took the computer with me to the hospital and gave her all the dive information, max depth, surface interval, dive time, air or nitrox. I have the connection to the computer to so I was able to download the dives and the profiles and they even show the tissue warning.
The doc is the one that mentioned the tables being based on a 20 year old model.
I am not one to argue with a doc. She said she needed to treat me so I took a ride.
If I am not mistaken I read that the tables don't account for multiple dives over multiple days. Would have to source that. Not trying to be argumentative or give misleading information. Was very tired in last reply.
Not sure if the hospital will send the dive profiles to Dan or if I will have to but gave them to my room mate who sent them to his dad who looked is reviewing them as well. I will have to get on the computer instead of my phone and post a dive that shows the tissue warning if you want.

FYI to look at.

Attachments

• tissuewarning.jpg
    tissuewarning.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 61
If this continues to happen, you should talk to your doctor about getting checked out for a PFO (perhaps talk to her now). A PFO is a hole between the arterial and venous sides of the heart, estimated to occur in 1/4 of the population. Everyone has it at birth and for most people it closes on its own. It's normally not an issue, but with diving it can let bubbles pass to the arterial side of the body which can cause problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom