MP3 player for deco?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just hum show tunes. Drives my buddies nuts, but it's affordable and flood-proof.

There are lots of videos on YouTube for inspiration.

:wink:

A couple of years ago, I experimented connecting a piezo speaker to the regulator mouth piece to use via bone conduction but unfortunately that did not yield good enough results. So I gave up again.

I'll echo comments about DiveVolk housing. They work pretty well for movies and music. I load up the Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ and Amazon Prime apps with movies and music.

The sound resonates pretty well especially on CCR although I can hear movies perfectly well on OC with thick hood. I use mine for cave diving a lot.

These are a couple quick audio hacks to increase volume on iPhones.

Go into Settings > Music > EQ > Set to "Late Night"
Go into Settings > Sound and Haptics > Headphone Safety > Make sure "Reduce loud sounds" is checked off.

The vendor says it's waterproof to ~260ft but I have heard of some people cracking their screens at ~200ft. I usually leave mine on my 20' or 70' deco bottle although I have taken it to 100-130ft without issues.

I'll echo comments about DiveVolk housing. They work pretty well for movies and music. I load up the Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ and Amazon Prime apps with movies and music.

The sound resonates pretty well especially on CCR although I can hear movies perfectly well on OC with thick hood. I use mine for cave diving a lot.

These are a couple quick audio hacks to increase volume on iPhones.

Go into Settings > Music > EQ > Set to "Late Night"
Go into Settings > Sound and Haptics > Headphone Safety > Make sure "Reduce loud sounds" is checked off.

The vendor says it's waterproof to ~260ft but I have heard of some people cracking their screens at ~200ft. I usually leave mine on my 20' or 70' deco bottle although I have taken it to 100-130ft without issues.
What headphones are you using?

What headphones are you using?
I'm not using any for my DiveVolk housing. There is an air pocket inside the case that transfers sound pretty well although I do put subtitles on for movies .

The downside is everyone on deco has to listen to whatever I am watching. :)

I've got a side project going on in this area. I've tried a few different solutions and I'm still working on it.

Latest update is here:

I had it to 300 feet the other week. The biggest downside right now is that you need to turn the unit on before you jump and you can't adjust volume or skip songs, but it works and it is "bombproof."

audio.jpeg

It uses the headphones from the now discontinued player Dsix36 mentioned earlier in the thread.

Regards,

- brett

Posted this is another section Dehydration Whilst Diving

Snapped this funny picture of my dive buddy as we both hung out in sand watching Netflix for the next 5hr of deco.

We just use a cheep phone case (support diver brings it to use a 6m) with volume up full. No head phone required we can hear it crystal clear.

1644896235220.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom