Moving your gear around on Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When we went in September (2015), we actually met MORE Non-Americans.... folks from everywhere, but mostly Europe. Maybe it depends on timing and the season.At any rate, we used cheap mesh bags when we had to haul gear, but kept big plastic tubs in the back of the pickup to keep our gear in, especially once wet. We bought a hard-case watertight box for keys & money. You can get them at some of the local dive shops, but if you have time can get it cheaper on line somewhere. We went to 100 feet with no leak problem. Just be sure you have your paper money CLEAR of the edges so you get a good seal. We're going back in December and plan to go deeper than 100' so will try a dry bag in addition to the box & hope for the best. I've attached pics & a link. I think we bought this one at the Dive Friends shop just off the circle kind of near "Between Two Buns" --- you'll see it. Dive Friends Dive ShopKaya Gobernador N. Debrot Shopping MallRoundabout at Kaya N. Debrot and Kaya AmsterdamTelephone: +(599) 717-4070Hours: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PMVery nice, friendly, helpful & knowledgeable folks.OpticsPlanet Page Not Found - Telescopes, Microscopes, Sunglasses, Rifle Scopes, Night Vision Binoculars, Radar Guns, Rangefinders, Cameras & more! didn't leave anything in the pickup unless it was old. We took a couple of old tee-shirts & shorts, cheap flip flops, cheap sunglasses. Put the cell phone inside a candy wrapper and tucked into way up under the seat with some other "trash." Food: We usually packed a small cooler with lunch meat, cheese, sugar of your choice (mini candy bars for me, Pepsi for my husband), a few cans of coffee drink (for me). LOTS of water. We bought a couple of large bottles of water. Once empty we freeze them each night and use them in the cooler. As the day wears on, they begin to melt but still help keep your food cold. Bring some extra water. STAY HYDRATED. Drink more than you think you need. If you are thirsty you are already on the road to dehyration. You'll find your own routine within a couple of days. We also got used a couple of the plastic recycleable bags (from Van Der Tweel) to sit on in the car when soaking so as not to soak our seats our towels. We did not leave gear unattended unless we were in town and the truck was literally within our line of vision. No problems. Otherwise, one of of stayed with the truck and gear if we stopped at a store. I used the same basic precautions there as anywhere with the exception of leaving the doors unlocked and windows down (that one took some thought each time). Enjoy! It's wonderful. We're counting the days until we go back.
S3 Waterproof Dry Protective Boxes T-1000 Cases T1000.3, T1000.1, T1000.2, T1000.6, T1000.4. S3 Dry Boxes.

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom