Moving to Utila...tips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Zen yeah I'm sure learning the fish and the dive sites are of huge importance. Ill be out there DMing for a couple months prior to my course so i should have plenty of opportunity to do that. Cheers!!

Jay

Scuba-Jay:
Hi Zen yeah I'm sure learning the fish and the dive sites are of huge importance. Ill be out there DMing for a couple months prior to my course so i should have plenty of opportunity to do that. Cheers!!

Jay

Glad to hear it jay.........it really does make a difference.......I wish you the best of luck in your move........maybe I'll see ya down there

*smile*

Being an animal lover as much as a diver, I think you have to consider whether you want to bring your dog for your convenience and comfort, or the dog's. While you are exercising your dream, living in the tropics and diving all day, what kind of life is it for your dog? Think twice ... about the dog, not about you.

highdesert:
Being an animal lover as much as a diver, I think you have to consider whether you want to bring your dog for your convenience and comfort, or the dog's. While you are exercising your dream, living in the tropics and diving all day, what kind of life is it for your dog? Think twice ... about the dog, not about you.

Well said. Another thing to consider... the environment is hard on dogs. They have a great time- but they don't live as long as back in the USA. Lot's of infections and critters trying to get at them. But oh- the joy they have in the ocean!

There are any number of dogs on islands that would be ripe for adoption, as well.:10:

To be honest bringing sarge would have been more of a hindrance than a conveniance....new place, small apartment, but I was worried about leaving him with someone. My good friend has offered to take him though, and once i get settled I might be able to get him back.

Jay

Sounds like you made the right choice, you can always have him shipped to you via air cargo with Continental once you get settled. Thats how i brought my original + utilian pets home.

Like Roatanman said, you'll find no shortage of dogs there to adoptif u want to, best thing to happen to me on that rock was getting my dog and cat from there. They'll be thankful and you'll save them from a life of suffering. And yes, they do love the ocean...

JohnTalbot:
best thing to happen to me on that rock was getting my dog and cat from there....

John are you not a huge fan of Utila?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom