moving to Oahu, suggestions on equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dbomb01

Reaction score
My job is moving me to Oahu, and I am still in need of some equipment. How is the availability and price in Oahu. Should I get all my stuff here in the mainland before the movers arrive? I am getting into technical gear, so I still need to get my steel tanks, technical computers and accessories.

Even here the stores don't have much for tech diving.

Thanks

I have an OMS backplate and wing, looking to get my double tanks and manifold. I was leaning for Steel. Why wouldnt it be good in hawaii?. I like Steel mainly because you dont have to add so much weight in your belt.

Island Divers has a pretty good stock of Halcyon gear.

Ocean Legends does rebreather and other tech training.

Steels can be nice if you plan on using a dry suit, but with double 80s I use about 8-10 pounds while diving dry. could probably get away with even less using my 3mm suit. But if you get free shipping of your gear, why not.

Island Divers is a good place for tech divers, and you should get in contact with HUE (Hawaii Underwater Explorers) on facebook

Back
Top Bottom