Mounting a Pony w/Transpac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've also tried both and opted for the stage method. I found swapping the cam buckles for the SP super cinch - or whatever they call it - make back mounting much easier.

I took pix of my setup today so once I capture the video, I'll send stills from it.

Doc

Here are four images of my pony and my SP X-Tek attached to an Al 80 tank.

Hope this helps.

Doc

I have the AE-UPB and I HATE it. It takes me at least 10 minutes to swap my tanks on my transpac between dives. The two cam bands make trying to thread the cam band for the pony a monumental PITA.

I use a 30 cuft pony so i had to get a bigger bracket. Since you are looking to mount a smaller bottle I would go with another option.

I am going to trying slinging the bottle to see if it works out for me better.

Fortunately the local air fill station will fill my tank with the BCD and pony attached, so it isn't an issue for me to swap out a tank when I need it filled. Yes, as you might guess, they don't cool tanks in water when they are being filled. Makes life much easier and gives me more time to meet the beautiful ladies during my surface intervals.

Doc

Can the Ponease be mounted with the pony upside down and low on the tank? I saw a reference on their website to a nylon band around the primary tank valve, which makes me think it has to be upright.

spthomas:
Can the Ponease be mounted with the pony upside down and low on the tank? I saw a reference on their website to a nylon band around the primary tank valve, which makes me think it has to be upright.

Most divers I know are stageing there pony, that way you just unclip it , no hassle at all to the change tanks.

Back
Top Bottom