Mountain Creek Lake-DFW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexan:
*Crosses Mountain Creek Lake off the To Dive list...*
Same with Lake Brownwood, I was at the local dive shop when someone called saying we needed to come diving cause viz was better than it has been in years. When asked just how good the reply was 1 to 2 feet. We stayed dry that day. The guys doing searches usually run into the bottom before they actually see it.

kman458:
Same with Lake Brownwood, I was at the local dive shop when someone called saying we needed to come diving cause viz was better than it has been in years. When asked just how good the reply was 1 to 2 feet. We stayed dry that day. The guys doing searches usually run into the bottom before they actually see it.

Hey Kenny, long time no see....say HI to camp-mama!! Alan

Mountain Creek Lake sounds like Lake Houston. It's one of the few bodies of water I've seen that I have no desire to see what's underneath!

Dee:
Mountain Creek Lake sounds like Lake Houston. It's one of the few bodies of water I've seen that I have no desire to see what's underneath!

There are probably quite a few lakes in the state of Texas that fit that description. Lake Arlington would be one of them, although I KNOW what's at the bottom there...

ScubaTexan:
There are probably quite a few lakes in the state of Texas that fit that description. Lake Arlington would be one of them, although I KNOW what's at the bottom there...

Ken remember a 'few' years back when Lake Arlington dried up and you could walk out onto the bed----strange deal!!

texdiveguy:
Ken remember a 'few' years back when Lake Arlington dried up and you could walk out onto the bed----strange deal!!

Yeah, I remember. Lake Arlington is one of the more bizarre lakes I've ever seen.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Lake Arlington, the Army Corps of Engineering
was almost finished digging it out in 1957 when we had "the storm of the century," flooding the area all around the lake. The workers had to abandon the bulldozers and construction equipment at the bottom of the lake, and the lake filled up practically overnight. At one time, it might have made for some interesting diving, but I wouldn't even wade into it ankle deep today.

Ok just as follow up......I dove out at Mountain Creek Park in the contaminated waters :wallywink . Visibility was -1, yeah that's a negative one! It's 4 to 5 feet deep and about 90 friggin degrees! We did not find the motor and the guy who asked us to help him out ended up calling some guy in East Texas who may have found it by now. ANYWAY...I was relaying the story in the dive shop yesterday to guy who used to work with the Dallas Fire Department. I began to suspect something was amiss when I was half way through the story and he said ( with big *** bugged out eyes) "you dove in that water?" My heart skipped a beat and I swallowed ...HARD. And waited for the other shoe to drop. He proceeds to tell me about him rescuing a guy that jumped from the bridge over there ( and got stuck up to his waist in the sediment...MORON). ANYWAY he says you know there are snakes in there right? I am like well yeah I figured a snake or two. He Says NO, big SNAKES!!! and get this ALLIGATORS. ***!!!! Alligators????? Are you kidding me....I almost passed out.
*****Note to self.......RESEARCH your diving hole or hey how about this? LEAVE IT TO THE PROFESSIONALS .....next time.....******* :doh:

tx.lakerats:
no way... alligators??

WAY!! LOL :laughing:

We get reports of alligator sightings around here all the time. They find their way up north from the Trinity River, I believe, and get into creeks, branches, lakes and various other tributaries. It's not a joke...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom