Mothers Day Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ok, you guys made me feel all guilty now...... i did my best to avoid my mum on mothers day this year.

got her tickets for her and a friend to the Sydney Opera house for a Sunday performance by some young italian stud (my mum is italian), a hotel room near by looking over sydney harbour and a limo to pick them up and bring them home the next day

last year was a $4,000 electronic bed that massages also.

i must say, as an adult it feels great to be able to give them things that ordinarily they wouldnt buy/be able to afford themselves.

AMEN mdb.... I told my wifes doctor that when my baby was born. It would be the end of the world if it was up to men... I am very glad your mother is going strong... THat is really awesome......

i am surprised that women willingly go through the pain of childbirth...

but of course, they live with men, so childbirth is a cake walk

oh, also, the ONLY sort of pain i take on willingly is a hangover

(although one time i had to grab a steak from the grill with my bare
hands before my sister got it, and boy, it hurt)

WHen I was in college I was so broke. I told my mother all I could do that year was make her a cake and make her a card.... She told me all she has ever wanted on any day was a hug and a kiss. I am 36 and gave her a hug and kiss today..... In three weeks we are going to the lake and spending the weekend diving..... It just does not get any better.....

i am surprised that women willingly go through the pain of childbirth...

I made other arrangements. I saw too many westerns with birthing scenes in the back of wagon trains.

This Mother's day, I remember my Nana, Catherine Leachman who died in Port Charlotte , Florida, just short of 100 years old. She was an amazing person and I was blessed to be with her when she passed away.

I'm lucky enough to only live 15 miles away from my mom. We see and talk with each other, all the time. She doesn't dive, though, since she's deathly afraid of the water (bad childhood experience). Since Mom stays home when I travel, she babysits her "grandkitty".

My mother is one of my greatest heros. She had me when she was only 16 (yes, she was married at the time), yet was mature enough to raise me to be a decent adult. She has worked all her life and became widowed at the age of 44 (my dad died of a brain tumor). In addition to working a full time job, she volunteers for Victim's Assistance for the county sheriff's office. All in all, she's a wonderful lady and I wouldn't traid her for the world.

Catherine from reading about you and what you do, I bet you are a neat lady also...

This is our first year to have a child. My daughter is 4 months.. I can tell you from my experiences even if you do not have a child of your own, there are kids out there that look up to you that you have made a difference with. Kids look at us in our dive gear like we are superman or women. They love when we take a minute and talk to them about the gear and diving...

catherine96821:
I made other arrangements. I saw too many westerns with birthing scenes in the back of wagon trains.

This Mother's day, I remember my Nana, Catherine Leachman who died in Port Charlotte , Florida, just short of 100 years old. She was an amazing person and I was blessed to be with her when she passed away.

Catherine: Happy Mother's Day. Looks to me like you have a lot of Catherine Leachman in you. What a great looking woman your Nana was. Hope JB is well this day.

I remember a jeep ride to Danang on Mother's Day 1970. I was the designated guy to take care of about 10-12 Marines and send flowers to their Mom's. The main PX in Danang had the FTD flower deal going. We could not do it from the small outpost we were on. Some of those messages to Mothers and wives I still remember.

mdb:
I remember a jeep ride to Danang on Mother's Day 1970. I was the designated guy to take care of about 10-12 Marines and send flowers to their Mom's. The main PX in Danang had the FTD flower deal going. We could not do it from the small outpost we were on. Some of those messages to Mothers and wives I still remember.

Oh my. This makes me all teary eyed. I'm sure you did your job well and made lots of moms extremely happy that day.

Back
Top Bottom