Mothers Day Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PaulSmithTek:
On this upcomming mothersday will be the first with out my mother. She Died back in October from problems durning a quadruple bypass. We love and miss her in everything that we do. Life will never be the same.

Also my wife is getting her OW for mothersday. She has been waiting to get certified for a while now.

I have a friend who is also spending the first Mother's Day without her mom. My condolences to you. The year of "firsts" is always the hardest.

craborn:
Fairy,, they aprreciate you now, even if they are to young to know it...
That's what people tell me. Sometimes, it's really hard to believe. LOL

My sincere condolences and sympathy, Paul. What Fairybasslet said is very true...the year of "firsts without" is hardest. (While I still have my mother, I can remember that first year without Dad, and there have been others lost as well). It's a cliche', but time will make all things better (I won't say it will "heal", because there will most likely always be those twinges associated with your memories of your mother. But it will get better.).
My prayers are with you, Buddy.

craborn:
Does anyone elses mother dive with them>>>????????????
My mom thinks I'm nuts for diving at all. Then again she's kind of like Mrs. Cleaver, always in the kitchen cooking.

craborn:
Does anyone elses mother dive with them>>>????????????
My mom is going to be 80 in a few weeks, and while she has snorkled, she never dove. Now she takes too many meds and has too many conditions to make it feasable. However, she loved to watch my DVD from my recent trip to Thailand. Said it was better than the Jean-Michel Cousteau program on recently.

Guba:
My sincere condolences and sympathy, Paul. What Fairybasslet said is very true...the year of "firsts without" is hardest. (While I still have my mother, I can remember that first year without Dad, and there have been others lost as well). It's a cliche', but time will make all things better (I won't say it will "heal", because there will most likely always be those twinges associated with your memories of your mother. But it will get better.).
My prayers are with you, Buddy.

My husband died in December 2000, and the first year was indeed the hardest. I'll never forget when the snowdrops he planted first started to bloom in late February 2001, and the sight of them just brought on the tears. You just never know what is going to set you off.

For everyone looking for that MOthers Day gift. IF your mother is at an age and condition to be able to then a Try Scuba or Open Water class would be cool.
My wife is a REscue Diver and pregnant again. I sure do not know what to get here. I am probably going to get her something with our daughters birth stone in it, like a ring.
I never have any idea what to get my mother. She has everything!! I usually get her a nice card and something she would never get her self but I have no Idea what that will be this year.

craborn:
WITHOUT MOTHERS WHERE WOULD WE BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

craborn: If it was up to us guys there would be no over population problem. Women are strong, and tolerant of us. I've watched 6 babies being born and I know I would not have the courage to do it. My dear Mother is 88 and still going strong.

Happy Mother's Day to every Mother.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom