• C.

Votes: 26 37.1%

Votes: 8 11.4%

Votes: 9 12.9%

Votes: 8 11.4%

Votes: 25 35.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am trying to get an overfill on my set of double 100s .we are using my buddies car [it can get the 7200 rpm]but we cant get a slow enough fill to keep heat buildup down.

I think I got it figured out we are filling two sets of doubles at once now and that is slowing down the fill rate enough to minimize heat buildup

Silly. If your filling doubles, you need two cars.

I solved the overfill problem by tack welding the blowout disks to my valves and filling my water tank with ice. I now fill my tanks wearing full body armor and a kevlar helmet while standing behind a cement wall.

BTW, like my earlier post about chlorine, this is a joke. You should check with someone with a functioning brain if you are actually considering this as an option.

does anyone have a source for hydrocarbon free ammonia .my LDS says he wont refill my tanks again without 02 cleaning them again if I use regular ammonia

sounds good.

To add to the disclaimer:
Please don't try this at home.... unless, of course, you are properly trained. You can take our VIF course (vehicular induction fill). It's only $9.99.
Yes...only $9.99, plus $31.95 for the manual, $52.95 for materials (must provide your own vehicle, or add $32,500.99), $18.95 for a photo, and $23.99 for the cert. card. Charter fees are not included.... you DO have to dive this gas. It's a completely different dive experience (like nitrox is to air), so dives are required.

Graduates can then take the VIFE course (vehicular induction fill - enhanced). This advanced course allows you to couple the exhaust of one vehicle to the air intake of a second for reasons that are beyond the scope of this discussion. The VIFE course is ONLY $19.99. Plus $41.00 for the manual, $110.00 for materials, $22.99 for the photo (we take a better photo for this cert, so the cost is a little higher), and $23.99 for the cert. card. Again, charter fees are not included.

PM Northeastwrecks for more info.

If your going to discuss VIFE, then we should ask a regulator to move this to the tek forum. Or better yet, VIFE divers should have their own forum so that they don't pollute others' thoughts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom