Most Romantic resturant in Grand Cayman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

100days-a-year

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Looking for a gift for a good friend who will be there for his honeymoon.Also the best food on the island,eclectic/french/gourmet type not a bar&grill type.THanx.I went in the USN but was in no condition to remember whator where I ate:)

We ate at the Wharf one evening. It was nice. Some folks on this board gave it some bad press. I don't know why. This is the view from our seat. I was in my chair when I turned to take the photo. Not a bad view at all. The food was good and we enjoyed ourselves.

Papagallos is another choice. The reef grill too. But... the Wharf is my pick.

"Bed" is an interesting experience (our entire group wore our Westin bathrobes), but I think one of the more romantic spots, though not on the beach, is Ristorante Pappagallo
( www.pappagallo.ky ). It's east of the main road towards the north end of 7-mile beach, and sits in an area reminiscent of a Louisiana swamp.

I'd say that both of the above are "don't miss".

Casa Havana is also very good.

I second Drew Sailbum's nomination of The Grand Old House. The Wharf is nice, too, but it seemed more of a "family" atmosphere" to me.

100days-a-year once bubbled...
Looking for a gift for a good friend who will be there for his honeymoon.Also the best food on the island,eclectic/french/gourmet type not a bar&grill type.THanx.I went in the USN but was in no condition to remember whator where I ate:)

The Cracked Conch on a week night. Has the gourmet food but not french. It's seafood and Caribbean style food. It's on the West end of the Island on the shoreline away from the 7 mile beach club. CandleLight....The best seafood hands down. Go to watch the sunset. MY GOD. My wife and I were there on our honeymoon during a weeknight right at sunset and there were very few people there. On the weekends and later in the evening it gets to capacity.

Also try the Crows Nest. Not a fancy place; you eat outside in a screened-in porch area. However, very neat, great view, wonderful owner, and excellent food. A friend of ours who goes all the time told us about it. The women in our group loved it, and we ended up going back several times.

I would have to put my vote in for Ristorante Pappagallo. Then again, I'm biased because my fiance proposed to me there. Nonetheless, I couldn't imagine a more wonderful or romantic location and the food was awesome to boot!
LB

THanx for the replies so quickly.This is one of my dearest friends and due to thier circumstances(fresh out of internship and new house purchase) I wanted to make sure they had a memorable evening on thier honeymoon.

Get them a seat out on the "pier area" as close to the edge as possible- see the tarpon come in to feed using the restaurant's lights. Memorable.

Back
Top Bottom