most of my gear stolen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope you get your gear back. I also hope they catch the S.O.B.'s that stole from you.

Steve-That totally blows!! My condolences..thats a lot of nice gear!
Hope it turns up somehow someway!

Thanks all.

Good point:

My wife's bike was a Bianchi touring bike, aqua green with pannier rack.
My bike was a black Trek 7300, serial wtuf0430163.

Stolen bikes get traded for drugs quite frequently. I'd go wander around the flea markets around the BART stations and in Berkeley. I know a guy who has recovered his stolen bike four times in that floating market around MacArthur station and Berkeley flea market. Also, keep checking with the SFPD, they have hundreds of stolen bikes in a warehouse, taken off dealers trying to offload them for cash. Thye get stored, and most people don't even know that can check there for their bike.

Might lead you to your dive gear as well. Also check that flea market next to 880 there, I forget exactly where it is, Fruitvale?

Ugh! That absolutely sucks.

Let me know if you need to borrow gear to go diving.

Fortunately, a few of us watch CL and eBay regularly. Hopefully we'll be able to recover you gear.

Thanks again, all, for your kind replies.

I had a good talk with my insurance agent today, and then made a cheering trip to Any Water Sports. I picked up just enough stuff to get me into the water Saturday (with no light and empty pockets, but wet all the same). Frank and Ginny were enormously helpful.

See you all around!

thanks again, all, for your kind replies.

I had a good talk with my insurance agent today, and then made a cheering trip to any water sports. I picked up just enough stuff to get me into the water saturday (with no light and empty pockets, but wet all the same). Frank and ginny were enormously helpful.

See you all around!

That's Great News!!

Yeah Frank & Ginny at Any Water Sports are the best!

So my buddy Jeff that I work with who comes here every now and again had his gear stolen last year. He and his g/f watched craigslist and eventually found some of the gear. E-mailed the dude got all his info. IIRC he even went and saw the gear. Called the cops, and they could give two sh*ts about it. No one ever went to even check serials or anything. Eventually im sure the gear was sold over craigslist. His insurance covered replacing the gear in the end less the deductible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom