Most notable find...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cali_Alli

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just curious, what is the craziest/coolest/strangest thing you've found underwater while diving? Of course I mean things that weren't placed underwater intentionally:no:

A brand new wreck.

I don't think they sunk that cabin cruiser intentionally, but winding their prop shaft around the dive site mooring buoy late the night before might have been a contributing factor.

We were diving in a spring in the middle of a river in Florida. As we dropped into the cavern and our eyes adjusted, sitting in the middle of a large room on a rock was a guy feeding the fish hot dogs.....He waved us on and continued to feed the fish, he was still there when we exited. Def the stranges thing I have seen underwater.

Found one of my students' wedding ring in the mud in the local quarry. After class was over I was puttering around in about 3' of water, practicing buoyancy in my doubles. I was sort of looking for it, but without any real hope of finding it. I happened to see a 1/4 arc & went to investigate & LO & Behold! there it was. She was thrilled when I surprised her with it.

Greetings Cali Alli and about a year ago I was diving with a good buddy and we were in a public lake in northern IN.
I swam by but kept looking at a awkward looking out cropping of zebra muscles.
He like always grabbed it and immediately I recognized what it was!
It was a body hook that the DNR used to recover lost boaters / swimmers.
How cool is that, I will no longer swim by without at least putting my hands on it!

No envy on my part but that is one very cool find that hangs in the dive shop!
I have found some knives, and other misc. dive gear but the coolest finds have been in public lakes where you really never know what you will find!
Have fun and safe diving.

CamG Keep diving....Keep training....Keep learning!

I found a really nice fishing rod close to the breakwater a few weeks ago. Funny thing is that i noticed some fishermen with the rods propped up in the cracks of the blocks, and thought to myself how dumb that seemed to me, 5 minutes later found a rod.

Strangest find? Probably the dental work...about a thousand dollars worth of bridgework. Of course, we were actually looking for it at the owner's request, but I'm amazed that we actually found it, considering it had been days since it had been lost.

Of course, the bikini tops on a popular "tubing" river were always intrigueing...never found the owners of those, though.

Rod and reels, lead weights, bi-a$$ed hook about a foot long with plastic streamers, boat anchor, battery box cover and a mask.

Probably the strangest thing I ever found was a baby stroller ... one of those big ones with the cover over where the baby sits and a "luggage area" in the back. We were doing a pier cleanup at the time and bringing this thing to the surface was hard work. When I got to the surface, struggling with this large, heavy thing, the surface support crew was being less than enthusiastic about taking it off my hands, so I said rather loudly ... "HURRY UP, I GOTTA GO BACK AND GET THE KID!" That got their attention ... :shocked2:

On the same dive, one of the other divers found a broadsword. Durn thing was easily four feet long. That's gotta go down as one of the strangest things I've seen pulled out of the water ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

On a lake dive this summer I found one of those plastic owls people use to keep birds out of their gardens. While riding back to the boat ramp, we saw a dock that had two of them to keep ducks and gulls off it. I've also found a compass, a multi-tool, and a fishing rod holder, but the owl was something I never expected to come across.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom