most affordable place to stay in ambergis cay, belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Island Hoppa

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hey everyone

i am posting again to try to get the best info. just wondering where is the most affordable decent accomodation is in ambergis cay. preferably something with a dive shop and its own dive boat so i dont have to look far to dive. i am not looking for something dirt cheap but something just affordable. thanks.

I stayed on Caye Caulker instead since it seemed to be more reasonable. Dove with Belize Diving Services.

You might look into Banana Beach Resort, not the cheapest but also not the most expensive.
very few of the resorts own there own dive shop. all dive centers will pick you up at the resort dock.
look on line at ambergriscaye.com then click on lodging.

The most affordable place is probably Pedro's Inn, off the beach but not far. Also does a mean pizza. I believe around US$15/night. On the beach Ruby's is one of the cheapest - people are currently paying US$40 for a room for 3 without A/C. For maybe a smidgeon more you can stay at Spindrift, also on the beach - A/C is available. Ruby's is very close to Bottom Time dive shop, Spindrift hosts Protech on its dock and is very close to Ambergris Divers. Anywhere in the center of town (which these are) is close to several dive centers.

Banana Beach is the cheapest nice place. 95US a night gets you a nice room with a comfy bed, good air conditioner, free internet at the activities shop, an awesome restaurant with a kickin cheeseburger, and two pools to hang out in after a 4-5 tank day.

Sure it isnt the cheapest but it is cheaper than some of the crummier places on the island. I stayed there recently and kept wondering why it was so cheap in comparison, only thing I could figure is location. It is on the water but is farther out of the main strip than some of the competitors. No other reason found.

Hope that helps,

puller

For some time Exotic Caye have been undercutting Banana Beach (used to be much more), and that's also a nice place.

I've promoted this small inn before, and we are going down in late July/early August, here are the quotes for our stay:

We do have space for those dates.
i can offer you an 8 nights stay with 5 days of diving for $675.00 per
person or 9 nights and 5 days diving for $720.00 per person.

This includes breakfast, and I believe the 9% tax...I think its an outstanding deal. Dive days are 2 dives, so we have afternoons to spend exploring. I will probably do the 9 day, and spend one of the non-included days on a Blue Hole trip.

It ain't 15 per night, but it is a nice inn with great people working there.

And Patojo's dive shop is on-premise.

best,

Dave

Back
Top Bottom